The wee turd.

Tbh he is not the sharpest tool in the box and spouts off in a mainly immature manner...he must be a godsend for his agent!

I agree. Mental health is a serious subject. It affects more people than ever seek or receive treatment and I suspect that most people during their lifetimes have some sort of issue, even if only temporarrilly.

But I would take a bit of an issue with, "People with success and money can have mental health issues worse than the rest of us." It's not worse, just different.

A great deal of depression is the result of being under financial stress e.g. not knowing how to earn the cash to pay the rent, the gas bill, etc. each month. If you have a family, those problems are compounded.

The key word here is the word ‘can’. They can have issues worse, just as you correctly point out so ‘can’ people with money worries.

There are several suicide trigger points that are common. One of them is the one where afterwards you hear family amazed ‘they had it all, we had no idea etc etc’. People that have struggled to be happy all their life often have a decent blame network to reassure themselves, they think when they have money, a job, a loving partner they will be ok... and keep striving for it. Once they have all those things and still aren’t happy they realise they never will be and nothing will ease the pain . and for a small group of people that’s the defining moment.

I’m not elevating any group with mental health over another. I’m just saying that telling well off people with mental health ‘what have you got to be depressed about’ or ‘I wouldn’t be depressed with your money’ can engender a worse period of struggling.

This.

Money worries can be all consuming, especially if you're powerless in the face of events beyond your control.

Fraser may well have issues, as did Ibe, but he'll get little sympathy from the man in the street.

Even I find it a struggle to empathise with him, although I know I should.

I totally disagree for the reasons on my reply to Erik but he wasn’t a decent guy when he left here for sure.

In most cases I imagine the type of ' mental health' and its consequences we are seeing with Celebs and Footballers is vastly different than in many ordinary people who haven't vast sums of money which can buy them Top -Level Expensive Counselling or Private Health sources...and that of disabled people who have physical/mobility issues to tackle....as well as the inevitable mental strain.
In many cases ' mental health issue' has become a buzz phrase for ' not coping too well'. ..or having an unexpected hard time of it at work !
Just an Opinion/Angle.

Last edited:
In most cases I imagine the type of ' mental health' and its consequences we are seeing with Celebs and Footballers is vastly different than in many ordinary people who haven't vast sums of money which can buy them Top -Level Expensive Counselling or Private Health sources...and that of disabled people who have physical/mobility issues to tackle....as well as the inevitable mental strain.
In many cases ' mental health issue' has become a buzz phrase for ' not coping too well'. ..or having an unexpected hard time of it at work !
Just an Opinion/Angle.
Read the people and widows close to Robin Williams, Gary Speed, Steve Bing etc etc. All of whom had the money and resources for the best counselling. I’m not sure mental
Health was a buzz word for ‘not coping too well’ for them but I may be wrong....

Everyone and anyone can suffer from mental health. Its hits different people in different ways. It can be a small trigger, it can be a big event, but it could hit any of us at any time.

Dealing with it in yourself or in your family is the hardest of times and without help, can make it even worse.

Instead of making light of it or mocking someone you think has it, reach out and offer support, you could be the very thing they need at that time.

Just an Opinion/Angle.
Mental health, just like cancer, doesn’t discriminate. What someone does for a living, and how notable they may be, has absolutely no relevance whatsoever.

Just an Opinion/Angle.

You appear to have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

Read the people and widows close to Robin Williams, Gary Speed, Steve Bing etc etc. All of whom had the money and resources for the best counselling. I’m not sure mental
Health was a buzz word for ‘not coping too well’ for them but I may be wrong....
Quote from wiki, - Bing died by suicide on June 22, 2020, at the age of 55 by jumping from his condominium on the 27th floor of a building in the Century City neighborhood of Los Angeles.[1][21] At the time of his death, he was worth $300,000, having spent most of the $600 million he had inherited. - I think he had money worries.

Again from Wiki - Robin Williams had Lewy body dementia which had incorrectly been diagnosed as Parkinson's. This may have contributed to his depression.

So, neither able to cope with money worries or future serious health problems even if good professional help was available.

Haven’t read the thread but am sure the inference being made is that mental health issues may have driven young Ryan’s behaviour. From my experience of dealing with people who suffer from depression and anxiety, you keep your head down, it is very unlikely you come out with comments such as “I’m sure I’d have kept them up if I’d have played.” Knowing that a comment like this would direct more animosity in his direction. Mental health manifests itself in many different ways so it’s impossible to tell, but we shouldn’t rule out the possibility that he is just a c**t.

Bloody hell. We can’t even hate the wee turd now because Neil has diagnosed him with mental health issues !!

Is it time for another one of your breaks Neil?
Not yet! You can hate who you like, I’m not a fan of his for sure, he treated Eddie and us despicably.

I was just replying to Brian’s ‘inevitable mental health issues’ jibe by stating if this does turn out to be the case, and there has been suggested issues, we should all be more benevolent and understanding.

So, neither able to cope with money worries or future serious health problems even if good professional help was available.

Despite the fact the majority of people can without resorting to taking their own lives.

I’m not sure what your point is? There are many celebrity and wealthy suicides. They are no sadder than ordinary folk suicides but the ‘they’ve had access to the best support’ argument doesn’t really cut it for me.

Not yet! You can hate who you like, I’m not a fan of his for sure, he treated Eddie and us despicably.

I was just replying to Brian’s ‘inevitable mental health issues’ jibe by stating if this does turn out to be the case, and there has been suggested issues, we should all be more benevolent and understanding.
He could get considerably worse over the summer when Newcastle realise he played absolutely no part in their great escape and start looking for buyers. Not even on the bench today.

Despite the fact the majority of people can without resorting to taking their own lives.

I’m not sure what your point is? There are many celebrity and wealthy suicides. They are no sadder than ordinary folk suicides but the ‘they’ve had access to the best support’ argument doesn’t really cut it for me.

Neil, I wasn't particularly making a point other than 'good professional help was available' - I didn't say ‘they’ve had access to the best support’ - you mentioned it.

I apologise, I forgot you were the expert on mental health as well.

Neil, I wasn't particularly making a point other than 'good professional help was available' - I didn't say ‘they’ve had access to the best support’ - you mentioned it.

I apologise, I forgot you were the expert on mental health as well.
No need to apologise really. Just a chat with varying opinions, mine making me as much or as little an expert as yours does you!

;