The World Cup thread

Imagine the quality once the competition is expanded for the "North America" World Cup...
Hey . . . I heard that!
Well at least Canada will "qualify" in 2026! (actually, Canada may well be good enough to qualify in the customary fashion by then as we have some great youngsters coming up)

Imagine the quality once the competition is expanded for the "North America" World Cup...
Trying to keep every nation happy. I wonder if they will have qualifying tournaments.
Hey . . . I heard that!
Well at least Canada will "qualify" in 2026! (actually, Canada may well be good enough to qualify in the customary fashion by then as we have some great youngsters coming up)
I think every one will qualify, just pass the brown envelope.

I think the extended tournament for the Euros really worked, but think the quality worldwide will be too poor. Could be wrong.

After the quality seen in the first three games we're in for a thrilling tournament, not! I hope the Spain-Portugal game is better.

Ref stops play because Ronaldo has cramp. What the heck?

Injuries
  • allows play to continue until the ball is out of play if a player is only slightly injured
  • stops play if a player is seriously injured and ensures that the player is removed from the field of play.

;