The World Cup thread

The gamesmanship from some of the French players has been pathetic, rolling around on the ground.

Maybe if the are caught ‘cheating’ on the VAR they should get a yellow card and it might cut some of this nonsense out of the game.

Seems there's no restrictions on taking beer out to the seats in Russia. Although surely Fifa rules would apply? Or perhaps the host nation law can override that?

France really lucky in getting past the Aussies. I hate to see them flopping all over the place and the ref giving everything anytime someone fell over. Not a great game to watch to be honest

Iceland swiftly becoming my second favourite team. Fun to watch them get battered and then they just pop up and score to tie the game. Why does caballero make every shot look like the hardest thing to save. He needs to stop parrying the ball into the middle of the box.

woo boy, Messi really is a fragile ego. Ronaldo is 100% the person I would have take a pen. Messi missing is apt

Seems there's no restrictions on taking beer out to the seats in Russia. Although surely Fifa rules would apply? Or perhaps the host nation law can override that?

Believe it’s a UEFA rule not FIFA. Saw an England Euro qualifier at Wembley a couple of years ago and no alcohol anywhere in the stadium!

The in view of the pitch law is one of those silly British laws where football fans are discriminated against purely for being football fans

Argentina making a tricky group even trickier, and that result has blown the top two spots wide open. A win for Croatia or Nigeria and that will put the pressure on the argies.

Looking forward to seeing Peru, we have seen unknown players from South America performing well for their countries, one player was Alexis Sanchez for Chile in a previous World Cup.

Well done Iceland, this is what the World Cup is all about, like our FA Cup, with surprising results.

A bit like Arsenal against Burnely.

Argentina have all the names and supposed skill.

Iceland are all about togetherness, long throws and a very blunt approach as to how the game should be played.

Useless fact.

Iceland has a population that is less than that of Bradford.

I wouldn’t necessarily say Iceland is how the game should be played but they are fantastic at what they do

In contrast Peru have been fantastic so far playing exactly how the purist would enjoy. We all know Denmark will mug them late on from a set piece

What a miss from the spot to put Peru 1-0 up.

Remember when I first saw ‘samba’ football was Brazil, this was before their players were performing in Europe so were an unknown quantity.

At the time they were exciting to watch and we saw things we hadn’t seen in football before. They had brilliant players like Garincha, Rivelino and of course Pele.

Iceland cool. Argentina, well Messi.
The Peru penalty was even worse than Messi's.
At least Christine Ronald Oh! can take one.

;