They don't care about us

...not sure I have met many decent Saints fans tbh...that might sound like a generalisation but it is hard for me to think of any that I have met who I have had much time for their BS when talking abut their team...we are the party crashers to their PL party and now they don't like it up 'em!

Personally I couldn't care much about them...and reserve my 'hate' for only Leeds United (grew up in the seventies when they were a horrible side and their fans were despised), Arsenal (due to a liking for Spurs!) and more recently Watford (because they seem to hate us!)

Read the article, nothing really detrimental in it as far as our club is concerned, but it is really dated.

We have discussed the meaning of Scummers and Skates on this MB a number of times going back and rivalry etc.

What I didn’t know was that their site ran a competition for a rival nickname for Pompey and the winner came up with Skates.

All I am looking for on Saturday is 3 points and a good game of football, after yet another international break.

Then we move on to Fulham.

Just checking in ....anymore long winded articles about how much Southampton don’t care about us ?

They don't care about us that much the t**t had to write an article to tell us.

Deluded from Scum

Last edited:
I love that he said the 'scummer' insult is a private thing between them and Portsmouth! Like we have to ask permission to use insulting words.

Also, we don't need their permission to dislike them and call them rivals, it's up to us and it isn't necessary for them to feel the same.

We're not looking to replace Pompey, it is possible to have more than one local rival!

Some of them do, and have been for decades, seem to be stuck in a bubble where they are completely deluded about their sense of importance. They get to decide what is a derby, who can call them names and who are their rivals. It's comically sad.

Having said that, I still reckon they'll turn it on on Saturday, as this match means more to them than it does to us. ;-)

Cup Final? Here's a crazy, and yes I know fanciful notion, if we win our next 2 matches, we'll only need to win 6 of the remaining 28 to reach 40 points. Thanks to our flying start and more squad depth, Eddie might prioritise the cups.
If we hit the jackpot and win one of them, that'll mean we've won more in 4 years in the top flight, than they have in roughly 45 years. That's s.t.f.u., enough with the patronising b.s. bragging rights, right there : )

Cup Final? Here's a crazy, and yes I know fanciful notion, if we win our next 2 matches, we'll only need to win 6 of the remaining 28 to reach 40 points. Thanks to our flying start and more squad depth, Eddie might prioritise the cups.
If we hit the jackpot and win one of them, that'll mean we've won more in 4 years in the top flight, than they have in roughly 45 years. That's s.t.f.u., enough with the patronising b.s. bragging rights, right there : )

That is quite a big "IF"

be bloody wonderful, mind!

If they don't care, why call us Bompey. Given the amount of Cherries at Fratton Park in recent years, surely they shuold be called Pournemouth

;