Thierry Henry

Not my choice, but lets get behind him if he comes here. And any manager for that matter.

As the stocks & shares warnings go: "Past performance isn't necessarily an indicator of future performance". Henry may have learnt a lot from his previous job. He may indeed have been studying Leagues other than the Prem, and its bullshit pundits who seem to think its the only league that counts.

Hard to reconcile the reports in some media inc bbc that Henry impressed the afcb board with the claim haven’t approached his club to seek permission to speak. That is a wide spectrum of story
Of course he impressed the board. Little Neil needs his autograph to complete the Invinvibles set.

which bit?
so he's been sat there in canada all season assessing our players and the division on the off chance he gets a call?
or is that a ridiculous [your word] question?
There is a possibility that he's watching lots of football. Maybe looking at players in divisions all around the world, maybe with a view to signing, or even just learning.

Happy to have an intelligent conversation, but its difficult when you start by ruling out completely his knowledge of other players.

There is a possibility that he's watching lots of football. Maybe looking at players in divisions all around the world, maybe with a view to signing, or even just learning.

highly likely that he's been watching loads of players from around the world given that's his job, highly unlikely he would have any depth of knowledge on ours, with respect

Then two days later after this story one part of the pair went to Villa as part of managerial team, even though he was a player at the club.

Henry ruled himself out along with these according to the BBC.

Villa had to identify other candidates to replace Bruce after their initial choices; Thierry Henry, Brendan Rodgers and former Manchester United assistant Rui Faria all ruled themselves out of contention.

Thierry Henry will add a certain allure to the second tier of English football if he takes control of Aston Villa but in truth the Championship has been a Va Va Voom Town for some time.

With Frank Lampard at Derby and Marcelo Bielsa at Leeds and millions spent on players during the summer, the league is acquiring a new glamour.

Gareth Southgate is selecting England players from the Championship such as Mason Mount and Jack Butland.

John Terry, who is planning to join Henry as an assistant, knows all about its quality having played for Villa last season, alongside Jack Grealish and against rising stars such as Ryan Sessegnon, who was nominated for the PFA Young Player of the Year, and James Maddison, also in Southgate’s squad soon after joining Leicester from Norwich.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...-Henry-set-bring-va-va-voom-Championship.html

Last edited:
Henry coming I can get that, not saying he is my first choice but I understand it. John Terry as his #2 however is strange, why leave a 'big' Prem club for the tinpot Cherries? Bizarre!

Secondly. this is going to cost in wages!

An abject failure at Monaco, an abysmal failure at Montreal, were his name John Smith his candidacy would be a joke.

Sixteen games left. Unless he's somewhere in the United Kingdom, entirely possible, Henry will have to miss the next three games due to quarantine. What can we fairly expect him to do?

I now understand why Eddie insisted upon complete control over every aspect of the team's operation. As far as I can tell, our CEO's principle talent is marriage. Can't we put him in charge of establishing our first cheerleader team and let those with some experience in football deal with the on pitch stuff?

This continued instability will eventually play itself out on the field. Woodgate has done a phenomenal job keeping players mostly focused on playing the game. This can't go on forever. Well, except JT was basically an interim coach towards the end of his tenure....maybe that's how the board wants to work. Watford on steroids.

Henry coming I can get that, not saying he is my first choice but I understand it. John Terry as his #2 however is strange, why leave a 'big' Prem club for the tinpot Cherries? Bizarre!

Secondly. this is going to cost in wages!

That was then, if Terry moves on it will probably be in management.

;