Thoughts on the match v Peterborough

What can you say about that? The team with the worst defensive record in the league and, despite dominating the match, the only save their keeper had to make boshed off his face. That was the game right there. If we don't test the keeper, we can't expect to score.

It wasn't like they looked watertight. There were deficiencies in their defensive set up but too often the wrong choice was made or we lacked quality or vision.

I'm disappointed as I was hoping having the extra attacking midfielder on the pitch would be effective and so give SP pause for thought before reaching for the Lerma/Pearson axis too often.

Still unbeaten. Still in the promotion places. But that includes three draws against the three promoted teams. There's a lot to like about the work SP has done, but some questions are starting to creep in a little.

Well played: Cahill I guess. They never really looked threatening.

Room for improvement: Christie and Rogers (although he gets a pass as it was his first start). Plus, the whole team pretty much whenever we got into the last third.
Team selection recently doesn’t appear to include Gavin Kilkenny. Having watched his few performances under SP’s guidance, I believe we are missing out by not using his obvious skills as an attacking midfielder. His speed and close ball control has been impressive and he can turn on a sixpence, much like a young Luka Modric. He also can produce excellent defence splitting forward passes and if we don’t start using him I fear he might look elsewhere for 1st team football.

Team selection recently doesn’t appear to include Gavin Kilkenny. Having watched his few performances under SP’s guidance, I believe we are missing out by not using his obvious skills as an attacking midfielder. His speed and close ball control has been impressive and he can turn on a sixpence, much like a young Luka Modric. He also can produce excellent defence splitting forward passes and if we don’t start using him I fear he might look elsewhere for 1st team football.
Lerma is great at many many things, but his skillset and Killkenny's are totally different, and should provide us with different jobs. I love Lerma to bits, but that kind of game last night isn't for him. Saturdays on the other hand probably will be, where the opposition will attack us with quality.

Last night needed the ball moved forwards with more urgency and at times at longer range. Lerma's first thought is always safety first, which is fine, it's his job.

Whilst Lewis Cook is still regaining fitness, Kilkenny has earned the right to be involved when a deep playmaker is required.

;