Thoughts on the match v Swansea

was watching through my fingers for the first 20 minutes, their winger got past him three or four times and was very lucky not to give away a pen
credit to parker who dropped kelly in alongside him as he was struggling so much

he looks more of a wingback than a fullback

I thought he was certain to give away a penalty and with a different ref he would've but he got away with it and grew into the game and finished looking very classy. Mind you, I can't help wondering whether having a very good penalty shout turned down didn't stir up Swansea.

I think Kelly was a worthy MoM, he was a colossus at the back and for much of the first half was playing as a left back and a centre back. Has really grown as a leader.

The win was particularly satisfying today after the way Swansea behaved. Manning is a really horrible player and at 3 up I would've been quite happy for Lerma to have taken a red and kicked him into the stands. The referee was awful too and how he penalised Bournemouth 16 times to Swansea's 6 is a wonder of the world. Absolutely incredible that sitting on Solanke, punching Solanke and shoulder barging Davis in the face didn't even rate as fouls let alone yellows but Manning got a free kick every time he fell over.

was amazed how quickly swansea capitulated in the second half
if they'd focused more on playing football and less on chucking themselves on the floor at every opportunity they may have got something out of the game

As I see it...SP probably knew what he was at on Wednesday...but it just didn't work out...a couple of players not obeying instructions maybe...these things happen.

Today ..the Swansea got their plan all te f√ck whereas the PNE had got theirs right.

Not a bad week in the end with Baggies dropping a point today.

For us, 1 Loss and 1 Win..better than 2 draws at home.
Brian ,I know you live in the past....but we've moved on from 2 points for a win..;)

Clear as day the punch on Solanke, right on the chin. Not surprised the ref didn't see it as his view was blocked. Swansea were a cross between the oscars and an Olympic diving contest with a bit of sly violence added in. Ref was totally incompetent. The blatant body check on Davis at the end was cynical and dangerous, not even a word with the Swansea player.

A few things were pretty obvious for me:
-Having a natural left footer with pace at left full back made an enormous difference, it can’t be understated just how better balanced the side looked today. For those of you who genuinely believe that playing a right footed centre half at left back didn’t have a huge influence on the result on Wednesday, give your heads a wobble right now. The first and second goals don’t happen today if Mepham is playing left back. The first because having a natural left footer there opened up the angle for the pass to Anthony, the second, well that’s pretty obvious. That’s two goals that don’t happen if Mepham is at left back, imagine the impact a left footer could have had on Wednesday.
-On Davis, he struggled massively in the first half from a defensive view point, grew into it a lot more in the second though and looked solid enough defensively. We’ll for give him a shaky opening after so long out. Attacking wise he was absolutely superb, the assist was magical but even putting that aside, his engine to get up and down the flank was phenomenal. He has a hell of a cross on him and must play from now on, it’s his place to lose because you can’t drop him after that.
-today showed how important Anthony is to this side, and bizarrely I’m not referring to his work on the ball despite the two goals. I’m talking about his work off of the ball. His ability to press and the intelligence of his positioning and body shape when doing so is absolute top notch. This is very important because when you’re a side like us who implements a high press, all you need is for one player not to be doing it correctly and the whole front five of the team can be bypassed. We saw this on Wednesday numerous times. I rate Lowe as a player, but his pressing on Wednesday was erratic and not to the required intensity, his body shape when doing so was also not correct on a number of occasions. We got played through a number of times because of this. So Anthony must start.
-we are a better team with Kilkenny in it. Even if he’s having an off day the speed he moves the ball at and his ability to take the ball on the half turn is essential to maintaining our tempo. I honestly think he should start every game. If we need to tighten things up towards the end of the game bring Pearson on. In all honesty though, I think Kilkenny does a very underrated job defensively. Personally am more interested in asserting our game on the opposition as opposed to trying to nullify their’s.
-very good to see Lewis Cook back and I believe he could also compete with Kilkenny for this role.
-Stacy is the best right back in the league.
-Swansea are the nastiest side I have ever seen us play. The moment things weren’t going their way they threw themselves on the floor at every opportunity, comically so at times. The ref seemingly being mentally challenged didn’t help matters either.
-Russel Martin should probably stop trying to play total football with a goal keeper who s**ts his pants every time the ball is at his feet hahahaha that’s 9-0 in total against his teams now lol

Agree with pretty much all of this and it's a very good point about Anthony that I was thinking myself during the game. The early issues Davis had getting used to the pace of the game also reminded me how good Zemura has been in his technique and decision making. The quality and intelligence that the three youngsters play with is a real credit to our youth team.

Davis came good too and had a great second half. Definitely keeps his place once Smithy gets fit for me.

I'd also be asking questions of the refs as there have been a few matches of late where the other team is getting away with murder and we're being penalised for much lesser offences. Feels like a pattern of late and we shouldn't be afraid to address it otherwise it might not change.

Let's not to carried away, from where I was sat it was more like attempted murder : )

;