Thoughts on the match v Swansea

Thought from the off that we struggle but our first real attack of quality put us 1-0 up and then Swansea reverted to cheat mode which backfired on them and gave us control IMO..Solanke second goal was a thing of beauty and a privilege to watch live…after that we could have added six or seven more..Hamer got what he deserved for his antics and England won!

It was a difficult call. Both full backs were great, Stacey probably edged that one. Solanke and Anthony both scored two. When it was announced, I didn't think it was a poor choice.
Nor me. Was anyone off colour today? Unusual to not have someone you think was a bit below par.

I couldn't hear what Gary O'Neill had to say, but did anyone else notice he spent part of the first half going back and forth between the dugout and near the halfway line in the East stand? Looked to be giving Davis some instructions?

Last edited:
The win was particularly satisfying today after the way Swansea behaved. Manning is a really horrible player and at 3 up I would've been quite happy for Lerma to have taken a red and kicked him into the stands. The referee was awful too and how he penalised Bournemouth 16 times to Swansea's 6 is a wonder of the world. Absolutely incredible that sitting on Solanke, punching Solanke and shoulder barging Davis in the face didn't even rate as fouls let alone yellows but Manning got a free kick every time he fell over.
Yes no 3 (manning) really struck me with his reactions to tackles. Think their tactic was to get us booked/red carded. We stood up to them.

Says something about the refs ability to control the game when 3 of 5 yellows are for argument.
Loved how he kept blowing his whistle during the punch up expecting players to take notice of him. They didn’t! His weak refereeing created an under current but fortunately HT calmed things down

Thought Leif D was mom today, without shadow of a doubt. For a lad coming in without match experience & into a role that was patently a problem on Wednesday, hats off - hats off for overcoming a shaky first 20 minutes, for picking up the pace & then for taking it to 'em really well.

Really impressed - in the first start I've seen in the preferred position. Hats off, well done !

Watched the game, then right out to the golf course. Hard to get the heart-rate down after that battle.

Agree with what has been said above. I particularly liked that we crushed their souls after they tried to play us and the ref for mugs. Good teams show no mercy, and we might have scored 5 or 6 in the second half. We are a good team and they rolled over after we scored #3. Loved it.

Re Davis I like to think his dodgy opening was just him adjusting to the pace of the game after a long absence from first team football. He deserves the benefit of the doubt. There were no such issues in the second half. I think he’ll be very good for us as a left full back.
He’s was interviewed after the game and said was a little nervous at the start

;