Thoughts on the match v Swansea

There was at least one very loud groan from quite a few in the North Stand centre and left.

Not my idea of support, but those doing it probably didn't hear the others:throw:

Yep - same in South Stand. After 6 minutes “ I don’t like that Leif Davis, he’s not fit is he, not fit? I don’t like Mepham but I’d prefer HIM there!!”

Yep - same in South Stand. After 6 minutes “ I don’t like that Leif Davis, he’s not fit is he, not fit? I don’t like Mepham but I’d prefer HIM there!!”
Wow. TBF he was getting roasted first ten, but my God, he just got better and better. Really liked the look of him, and he seemed like he was buzzing after in his interview.

I'm in block 13 couple of rows from the back......heard nothing negative.....bit of a sharp intake of breath when the lad went down in the area next to him...:grinning:

What it proved to me today once again is how important the four development squad team members are to us.

All our best performances have been when two or more of Anthony, Kilkenny or Zemura play. Whenever we take them out (Peterborough\Hull/Preston) we become unsure and predictable. Hopefully we have learned not to do this again unless forced!

What it proved to me today once again is how important the four development squad team members are to us.

All our best performances have been when two or more of Anthony, Kilkenny or Zemura play. Whenever we take them out (Peterborough\Hull/Preston) we become unsure and predictable. Hopefully we have learned not to do this again unless forced!
Certainly agree with Anthony and Zemurra, they have a Pugh/Daniels like understanding. Not so sure about Kilkenny - I do rate him and he will become a very good player but there are some games and some times in games when we need an extra bite in midfield - at Reading when Pearson came on for example, equally there are some games when he should play to give us more creativity - like Preston. Overall though it is great to see some of our own youngsters coming good.
Parker has some interesting decisions to make with players like Lewis Cook and Leif Davis now starting to push for places - let alone Stanislas.

Reactions: DJ
Swansea fan watchalong

Fast forward to 2:04:20 and watch until the end

Poor bloke!
Was watching a stream of SwansfansTV and the co-commentator made Willo look neutral. Bleating non-stop about the penalty throughout and struggled to admit we deserved a win until it was 4-0. You would've thought they had been laying siege to our goal in the first 20 mins as opposed to one shot from 25 yards and one penalty claim (to be fair some nice build up play and possession though). Hearing him get increasingly subdued during the game was a delight.

Fair play to the Swansea fans though, kept singing throughout.

I loved the bits about "silly and cheap thrown- ins to give away"...and continual jabs at Cardiff....and his "game over" for our 2nd goal .

Regarding the early penalty shout against Davis, where he supposedly "clipped" Laird : How come "clipping" (as the pundits would have it) never happens anywhere else on the pitch - except in the penalty box ?
The answer, of course, is that this is just a form of legitimised cheating -where the attacker falls over as soon as he senses any feather touch. So well done the referee for not falling for this in this instance.
Where I would like refs to take much stronger action is the high speed, full body lunges - usually in the middle of the park - such as the horrendous Reading challenge on Zemura. Surely dangerous play must be more harshly penalised than imaginary "clipping" !

Agree with pretty much all of this and it's a very good point about Anthony that I was thinking myself during the game. The early issues Davis had getting used to the pace of the game also reminded me how good Zemura has been in his technique and decision making. The quality and intelligence that the three youngsters play with is a real credit to our youth team.

Davis came good too and had a great second half. Definitely keeps his place once Smithy gets fit for me.
The way Davis got forward reminded me of Cummings

Last edited:

;