Thoughts v Borehamwood

Just to clarify, I'm not saying Woodman is why we lost, it's just that I don't think he's as good as Travers ( at the moment ). He needs to develop a bigger personality, I can't imagine someone like Ramsdale or Boruc not going ballistic at his defenders in the first 10 minutes last night.

My frustrations/worries are that first half, we've played like that in the 2nd halves against Hull and Barnsley. Two teams we were far superior to in the first half and then reduced ourselves to their level 2nd half. If I can see and admit it, it's got to be obvious.

I'm trying to write it all down and get it out of my system but it's difficult, I can't get past that first half. It's Scott's problem that we looked so inept against a ( well organised) team of plodders and hoofers. I think I'm more scarred by the whole Groves/Brookes/Mitchell era than I thought.

Still, there's always Birmingham on Wednesday to look forward to : )

My biggest issue is boredom. I don’t care much about results, I wouldn’t have supported us for years If winning was my everything. I’d have sky sports and support a giant if that was what mattered. Like everyone I just want to have a laugh and be on the seat of my pants and energised.

Any manager that values their dull system ahead of fan entertainment shouldn’t be at a football club. Having 80% possession with no meaningful shots is no different to having Pulis lump the ball the length of the pitch and regrouping. It really isn’t.

Absolutely this.

Parker won’t be going anywhere. This is a three year project. Blake and Hughes earmarked him as Eddie’s successor when Eddie was still here. They used two interim managers to wait for him. Paid massive compensation to get him when he was going to be let go anyway. He will get way longer than both those interim managers got with failure. This is the frightening level of incompetency we pay millions to run our club. I will keep saying it… because it’s true.

You weren't saying it when he was doing well or when they made loads of decent signings last week. The truth is they are not great but clearly not as bad as you say they are.

Despite the previous 80 minutes dross we had a few gilt edged chances to equalise in the final 10 but fluffed the lot. Maybe it was down to Solanke not being warmed up and we know Christie isn’t going to score but a more clinical striker should have buried those. No doubt we would have gone on to win in extra time as they tired more but good luck to BW and your pay day at Goodison.

Rumours that Lewis Cook was taken off because he was the player that shot in the first half are as yet unsubstantiated.

We were good earlier in the season because we were playing different to a Bournemouth side had for awhile and opposition tacticians and managers were struggling with not enough evidence sussing it out. They then sussed it and we started to scrape results rather than win convincingly… then a few teams beat us and everyone studied that and copied it.

Our problem is our manager is stubborn. Most people would change it up at this point but he values his system over everything. All of his ‘No plan B’ comments smack of arrogance. Today he went again with the same wallpaper football by numbers text book approach and even a counter plan with Conference players was comfortably enough. By the time he finally went to two forwards and crossing the ball it was too late. Start that way and we’d have won.

My biggest issue is boredom. I don’t care much about results, I wouldn’t have supported us for years If winning was my everything. I’d have sky sports and support a giant if that was what mattered. Like everyone I just want to have a laugh and be on the seat of my pants and energised.

Any manager that values their dull system ahead of fan entertainment shouldn’t be at a football club. Having 80% possession with no meaningful shots is no different to having Pulis lump the ball the length of the pitch and regrouping. It really isn’t.
So you do find it boring now?....honestly I can't keep up.

SP Interview after the game: “I sit in this position and stand hear speaking to you”

Sorry? ……… What?

“Second half we was how I would expect us to look the whole game. The whole game was how the second half panned out”.

Eh? ………. What are you talking about?

I mean can the team really be inspired by someone who cannot even form normal sentences? It’s no wonder they haven’t got a clue what to do after listening to his random drivel.
Oh Christ ...he's not back to telling us whether he's sitting or standing up again!

Imagine Cook, being handed the captains armband and then hooked at half time. I don't care what changes needed to be made, but doing that to a player, how is he going to react?

Parker is still fairly new to management so lots to learn, especially around squad management. However his man management concerns me. Rumours about Rossi, the treatment of S Cook including subbing him? Can't be a healthy atmos in the dressing room. This cup game would have been a great opportunity to play a league 11 with one or two newbies Hill for Cahill, Cantwell for Christie something like that

Imagine Cook, being handed the captains armband and then hooked at half time. I don't care what changes needed to be made, but doing that to a player, how is he going to react?

Parker is still fairly new to management so lots to learn, especially around squad management. However his man management concerns me. Rumours about Rossi, the treatment of S Cook including subbing him? Can't be a healthy atmos in the dressing room. This cup game would have been a great opportunity to play a league 11 with one or two newbies Hill for Cahill, Cantwell for Christie something like that

Hooked at half time and the captain's armband handed to a player they tried to get rid of a week ago!

I'm surprised that some people aren't annoyed and pissed off with how we played last night.
To me the warning signs are all there for the remainder of the season. Let's face it we haven't played well for a while.
I think Parker has lost the plot, I hope I'm proved wrong.

Maybe, but we don't kniw how it was dealt with.parker may even said before tge game that he'd take him off at some point.

All speculation, I prefer not to assume there's a negative situation, dressing room or man mgmt until proven otherwise.

If it happen as you say, it may get a positive reaction in terms of he/players know that no one is above being hauled off. Which may give some a wake up call

;