Thoughts v Bristol City

Incredibly pleasing the show of intent we’ve shown in the last two games. The performances have been light years ahead of the turgid Peterborough and Reading displays. It’s like Parker has all of a sudden told them to express themselves.

The one point I will make is that when the full backs bomb forward then somebody has to cover that space they leave in behind. City created two chances from open play and both happened because our full backs were caught higher up the pitch.

Positives:
-L Cook really is a phenomenal footballer when utilised in his best position and in form. Dictated absolutely everything today. A joy to watch.

-Lerma- what an absolutely colossal performance. His link up play in the final third and his constant willingness to run in behind was absolutely key to a very good performance. Often this season Solanke has had no one running beyond him, today that wasn’t the case.

-Solanke- complete strikers performance. Hold up, running in behind and a goal. Perfect.

-Christie- can’t shoot for toffee but absolutely essential to how we play.

Negatives-
Nat Phillips. Looks shaky. I don’t really get him as a player if I’m being honest. Looks uncomfortable dealing with situations that should be bread and butter to him. Not a Mepham fan at all but I see little from Phillips to suggest that he’s any better.

-aside from that it was just getting caught out with the full backs high up the pitch h a couple of times.

Christie's shooting is awful.

He has had 10 presentable chances of late and had 2 or 3 on target.

2 went in, but they were NOT where he wanted either.

Lewis Coom has been told to be more advanced and has scored in 2 games this season.

His first 2 goal haul since he kicked a ball.
Lewis Cook hasn’t scored in two games this season. He has just the one goal this season. He has just three goals in his whole senior career. Christie has around 50.

Incredibly pleasing the show of intent we’ve shown in the last two games. The performances have been light years ahead of the turgid Peterborough and Reading displays. It’s like Parker has all of a sudden told them to express themselves.

The one point I will make is that when the full backs bomb forward then somebody has to cover that space they leave in behind. City created two chances from open play and both happened because our full backs were caught higher up the pitch.

Positives:
-L Cook really is a phenomenal footballer when utilised in his best position and in form. Dictated absolutely everything today. A joy to watch.

-Lerma- what an absolutely colossal performance. His link up play in the final third and his constant willingness to run in behind was absolutely key to a very good performance. Often this season Solanke has had no one running beyond him, today that wasn’t the case.

-Solanke- complete strikers performance. Hold up, running in behind and a goal. Perfect.

-Christie- can’t shoot for toffee but absolutely essential to how we play.

Negatives-
Nat Phillips. Looks shaky. I don’t really get him as a player if I’m being honest. Looks uncomfortable dealing with situations that should be bread and butter to him. Not a Mepham fan at all but I see little from Phillips to suggest that he’s any better.

-aside from that it was just getting caught out with the full backs high up the pitch h a couple of times.
Is that a positive post Waz?

Shocking summary of Phillips there Waz,you definitely weren't at the game .
No I was. Just have a different opinion to you, clearly. It happens, don’t fret. Did you miss him completely letting the striker run free for the second goal?

It was a behind close doors cup game.

HE GOT 12 GOALS.
You idiot. Just admit you got it wrong. He’s scored three his entire career. To suggest he’s more of a goal threat then a player who has three this season alone is idiotic.

No I was. Just have a different opinion to you, clearly. It happens, don’t fret. Did you miss him completely letting the striker run free for the second goal?
Like sheff utd will finish 2nd? You still believe that? Like we can't score against a team with a back 5.
Cue more insults

I never suggested he was a goal threat

Merely implying his role has changed, and he's getting into a more forward position.

Previously he was running along the back 4 knocking it sideways or backwards.

Christie an enigma - his miss late second-half was almost comical. He had the whole goal to aim at from six yards with the keeper marooned, the NS screaming for him to shoot ... then the connection between brain and boot went dead. His shooting is atrocious and it’s bizarre, cos in every other respect he’s top class.

Fair score today would be about 5-1 …. worrying issue in second half when we once more lost concentration and brought City back into the game. IMO it’s lack of onfield leadership … everything else looking good. Can Kelly step up with some calm and confident direction from the back??

;