Thoughts v Bristol City

My thought s vs. Bristol:

I was totally unconcerned when we went behind; it brought back memories of Birmingham going two up a few years back.
Bristol played some decent football but we looked far more comfortable throughout most of the rest of the game than them and at no point, did I ever consider we'd get anything less than a win.
We look to be a very fit side; we'll need to be next season.
Lewis Cook sealed a MoM performance, with that chest block in our box, that was reminiscent of Steve Cook's double effort a little while ago.
Solanke ran him close for MoM, with another, complete-footballer performance.
Travers has superb reactions and I hope we keep hold of him for next season. We all saw what he can do in the top flight, versus THFC.
Zemura and Anthony, probably need to include their teammates more often; we got into a pickle a few times in the first half, as they constantly sought to involve each other, when there were better options available.
Lloyd Kelly has a tendency to switch off and be somewhat lackadaisical at times; nearly cost us a couple of times, before their second (he should have done better for that)
That was a belting goal by Weimann but I felt 3-2 was a rather flattering scoreline and if our midfielders, stopped aiming their efforts straight at the opposition goalie, they'd score more.
Leaving when your team is 3-1 down, means you miss a belting goal.
Dembele is a tricky so-and-so and might do for us next season, what the Scottish winger did (i.e. Liverpool)
I also thought I'd have a very happy Saturday evening/night (and I did).

Can someone confirm whether Marc Travers received a yellow card after he threw the ball away when they scored their second? I seem to recall he did but all the betting websites say otherwise.

Can someone confirm whether Marc Travers received a yellow card after he threw the ball away when they scored their second? I seem to recall he did but all the betting websites say otherwise.
It did look like the ref gave someone a yellow, but according to Sky there was only 1 yellow card at it was to a BCFC player,

Yes, I saw a yellow being dished out too and assumed that was Travers as he'd thrown the ball into the Ted Shed.

Brian - how on earth do you know that Ronnie Eyre was a good dribbler?
Believe it or not my great grandfather never stopped going on about Eyre and his skills.... when I was very young...its stayed with me.
He was a regular at DC in the 20/30s.. and his father watched Boscombe at Castlemaine Avenue !

My thought s vs. Bristol:

I was totally unconcerned when we went behind; it brought back memories of Birmingham going two up a few years back.
Bristol played some decent football but we looked far more comfortable throughout most of the rest of the game than them and at no point, did I ever consider we'd get anything less than a win.
We look to be a very fit side; we'll need to be next season.
Lewis Cook sealed a MoM performance, with that chest block in our box, that was reminiscent of Steve Cook's double effort a little while ago.
Solanke ran him close for MoM, with another, complete-footballer performance.
Travers has superb reactions and I hope we keep hold of him for next season. We all saw what he can do in the top flight, versus THFC.
Zemura and Anthony, probably need to include their teammates more often; we got into a pickle a few times in the first half, as they constantly sought to involve each other, when there were better options available.
Lloyd Kelly has a tendency to switch off and be somewhat lackadaisical at times; nearly cost us a couple of times, before their second (he should have done better for that)
That was a belting goal by Weimann but I felt 3-2 was a rather flattering scoreline and if our midfielders, stopped aiming their efforts straight at the opposition goalie, they'd score more.
Leaving when your team is 3-1 down, means you miss a belting goal.
Dembele is a tricky so-and-so and might do for us next season, what the Scottish winger did (i.e. Liverpool)
I also thought I'd have a very happy Saturday evening/night (and I did).
To be fair, it is amazing how high you can jump when you are pushing down on a defender's shoulders!

He thinks he fought in the war so I'm not surprised he thinks he's seen Ron Eyre. He used to watch him all the time, just like Tony Blair stood on the terraces watching Jackie Milburn.

Don't know where you got 'he thinks he fought in the War' from. I wasn't born until 1950 !

This is the ONLY actual stupid post you have ever done in my time on here...a collectors item.

But Entertaining i'll give it that...so you avoid Zero poin !

Believe it or not my great grandfather never stopped going on about Eyre and his skills.... when I was very young...its stayed with me.
He was a regular at DC in the 20/30s.. and his father watched Boscombe at Castlemaine Avenue !
Can't dispute that your chronology certainly has the ring of truth about it, but I can't help thinking that what you reckon your great grandad told the infant Brian about RE's dribbling skills when he was in his 80s and you were just a little whippersnapper at his feet represents more than a little bit of embroidery on your part:wagging:;) No disgrace in that though as it gave us all a bit of fun trying to imagine the scene(y)

Can't dispute that your chronology certainly has the ring of truth about it, but I can't help thinking that what you reckon your great grandad told the infant Brian about RE's dribbling skills when he was in his 80s and you were just a little whippersnapper at his feet represents more than a little bit of embroidery on your part:wagging:;) No disgrace in that though as it gave us all a bit of fun trying to imagine the scene(y)

I'm only going by the descriptions he gave of Eyre...who was a very prolific goalscorer...I'm not sure i've 'embroidered' anything...although of course He might have embroided His accounts...whatever.. but he was very convincing...its the only thing I remember him talking about whilst blowing his pipe smoke around.

;