Thoughts v Bristol City

Tbh can’t remember Danjuma often dribbling past multiple players like that, he was more of a goal scorer than an out and out dribbler imo.
Most of his goals came from him picking the ball up and running at defenders.....he scored goals after destroying full backs ....nutmegging CBs and like against Norwich taking the ball from the byline dribbling past midfielders and sticking the ball into the top corner!
Tbf though if you want to see one of our players dribbling past players before scoring just have a look at Stans goal against Huddersfield last season.

I don't mean to be rude, but i think my goldfish may have a better memory than you. :)
Not really. Watch his goals back for us. Most are instinctive one or two touch finishes. Norwich away was the exception to this where he cut inside and went for a dribble before shooting, mostly he was more of an instinctive finisher than our and out dribbler though.

Most of his goals came from him picking the ball up and running at defenders.....he scored goals after destroying full backs ....nutmegging CBs and like against Norwich taking the ball from the byline dribbling past midfielders and sticking the ball into the top corner!
Tbf though if you want to see one of our players dribbling past players before scoring just have a look at Stans goal against Huddersfield last season.
I don’t think that’s true tbh. Most of his goals were instinctive finishes taken with one or two touches, watch them all back. Norwich was the exception to this and one at Blackburn when he nutmegged their defender before scoring.

I always thought he was at his best when he kept his game simple to be honest, getting into good positions and finishing chances, putting early crosses into the box ect. When he tried to dribble past 2 or 3 I found him a bit frustrating, often running into blind alleys. I think Dembele is purely an out and out dribbler, Danjuma clearly a superior player though.

I don’t think that’s true tbh. Most of his goals were instinctive finishes taken with one or two touches, watch them all back. Norwich was the exception to this and one at Blackburn when he nutmegged their defender before scoring.

I always thought he was at his best when he kept his game simple to be honest, getting into good positions and finishing chances, putting early crosses into the box ect. When he tried to dribble past 2 or 3 I found him a bit frustrating, often running into blind alleys. I think Dembele is purely an out and out dribbler, Danjuma clearly a superior player though.
I don't know what you've been watching Waza....he did it time and time again.....he did it on the opening day of the season against Blackburn.....he did it against Bristol City....also against Birmingham at home under Woodgate....he even did it in pre season against West ham..we've never had a player who could beat a man and score like Danjuma.

I don't know what you've been watching Waza....he did it time and time again.....he did it on the opening day of the season against Blackburn.....he did it against Bristol City....also against Birmingham at home under Woodgate....he even did it in pre season against West ham..we've never had a player who could beat a man and score like Danjuma.
I think the issue here is we have differing views on what a dribble is. Vs Blackburn and Birmingham he cut inside and hit an early shot, vs Bristol city he took one touch and finished. Technically I guess you could class them as dribbles but he didn’t exactly beat a man.

I think the issue here is we have differing views on what a dribble is. Vs Blackburn and Birmingham he cut inside and hit an early shot, vs Bristol city he took one touch and finished. Technically I guess you could class them as dribbles but he didn’t exactly beat a man.
I knew it

What kind of player is he?
Looking specifically at Danjuma’s attacking numbers, we can see he’s a high volume dribbler.
He averages 3.86 progressive runs and 7.54 dribbles per 90 mins (48% success rate), ranking among the highest in the Championship.
Furthermore, he engages in 13.66 offensive duels per 90, so not only does he dribble and progress the ball up the pitch, but he also regularly attempts to beat his man.

Brian - how on earth do you know that Ronnie Eyre was a good dribbler?
As Ronnie Eyre, played for Boscombe, for over 40 years, he was still playing when Liverpool came to Dean Court in the 60s.

That No. 2 wasn't Terry Gulliver, it was Ronnie, dribbling into his cocoa, as he hobbled down the wing.

As Ronnie Eyre, played for Boscombe, for over 40 years, he was still playing when Liverpool came to Dean Court in the 60s.

That No. 2 wasn't Terry Gulliver, it was Ronnie, dribbling into his cocoa, as he hobbled down the wing.
Not sure if you are joking..but by my reckoning Ronnie Eyre would be in his mid 60s when Liverpool played here in 1968.

;