Thoughts v Coventry

Forgot to mention this until I saw the attendance thread. Was it me or did the Coventry end look overfilled? Looked like at least a couple of rows standing up at the front?

You speak to me like that over a message board, I think
Well, we tried that yesterday and look what happened!

Surely the way to hold onto a 2-0 lead is to play as normally as possibly, try and retain possession, use your subs effectively and try and play the game as much as possible in the opposition's half!

It was 10 V 11 for goodnes sake, not 7 V 11! There was no need to just boot the ball away anywhere!

Some teams even go and win games with 10 V 11!

We've got so used to teams missing open goals against us this season and sadly that run of luck seems to have come to an end!
I agree, it doesn't need to be so complicated if you get reduced to 10 players. Make the subs required to keep it simple on the pitch, something like a 4-4-1 formation. The 1 up front will need to bust a gut, but two banks of 4 can make it hard for the opposition while still enabling you to give them something to think about on the break. The SP method of trying to hold on to a lead (even when its 11 v 11) by desperately throwing on more defenders, simply invites constant pressure from the opponents and reduces any outlets to such an extent you have no chance to have some possession away from your goal.

Surely the way to hold onto a 2-0 lead is to play as normally as possibly, try and retain possession, use your subs effectively and try and play the game as much as possible in the opposition's half!

It was 10 V 11 for goodnes sake, not 7 V 11! There was no need to just boot the ball away anywhere!

We've got so used to teams missing open goals against us this season and sadly that run of luck seems to have come to an end!
Someone say Crystal Palace?

We didn’t have inexperienced players like Kilkenny trying to take a touch facing their own goal.
It's got nothing to do with the result .....even if we had held on it would have still been a shambolic example of defending with 10 men......Parker chose to leave Kilkenny on btw...he could have made that Rossi sub earlier....lol we even had Lewis Cook playing as a CB !..

Forest Green had a man sent off and increased their lead against Bristol Rovers yesterday.

Or put three named players up and a option "somebody else"?

:) I have occasionally done that. But then I get “why wasn’t this person an option” and 99 times out of a 100 it’s been the 4th choice option I’ve overlooked for “someone else”.

If it is so easy to win when you go down to 10 players why do we all cheer when an opposition player gets sent off.

Using the logic of some people on the board a bad tackle should be punished by giving the offenders an extra man

It certainly looked like more fans than seats. It shouldn't be possible, but it looked like it.

How else can it be our highest attendance for some considerable time, given the amount of empty seats that were seen on the tellybox
There had to be at least a couple of hundred.That would be close to our capacity.

How else can it be our highest attendance for some considerable time, given the amount of empty seats that were seen on the tellybox
There had to be at least a couple of hundred.That would be close to our capacity.
So, we issue 1300 tickets and Coventry sell 1600 and no one bats an eye lid?

True, fair few empty in the NS around me, more than usual.

I agree, it doesn't need to be so complicated if you get reduced to 10 players. Make the subs required to keep it simple on the pitch, something like a 4-4-1 formation. The 1 up front will need to bust a gut, but two banks of 4 can make it hard for the opposition while still enabling you to give them something to think about on the break. The SP method of trying to hold on to a lead (even when its 11 v 11) by desperately throwing on more defenders, simply invites constant pressure from the opponents and reduces any outlets to such an extent you have no chance to have some possession away from your goal.

Fulham 3-1 up against Huddersfield earlier this season, player sent off & they made an attacking substitution & won 5-1.

https://www.google.com/search?q=hud...F-8#sie=m;/g/11rglkx3mr;2;/m/0355pl;dt;fp;1;;

Fulham 3-1 up against Huddersfield earlier this season, player sent off & they made an attacking substitution & won 5-1.
Why did we go so defensive is what I was thinking at the time
We knew that they were going to attack so we could have done the same
I am no football manager but surely with 10 good men on the pitch we would have been capable of still playing well rather than sitting back and being forced to defend
Very frustrating

UTCIAD
https://www.google.com/search?q=hud...F-8#sie=m;/g/11rglkx3mr;2;/m/0355pl;dt;fp;1;;

;