Thoughts vs Forest

notts forest, owner, manager, fans embarrassing themselves further

the offside was marginal, the sort of decision that happens in every EFL game every week of the season with no VAR , and travers pulls out of the challenge so it's irrelevant anyway
billing's foul was outside the area but contact continued inside so if Phil lies on the ground it's a penalty

they need to let it go and drag themselves into the playoffs
the one where Surridge hit the bar looked offside.

He’s probably still onside, but, the freeze frame from Sky is slightly early. If it had been a VAR freeze frame it would have been slightly later with contact on the ball. Then the lines would have been drawn and who knows, he may have been offside by a toenail.

The way they’re carrying on about one single incident is pathetic. It’s touch and go whether it’s a penalty, there was a hint of contact but you can argue either way whether he was already going down at that point or not. Surely young Samuel wouldn’t throw himself to the ground prematurely? That’s not the Sam Surridge I know! It’s not some stonewall tragedy of a decision. Billing should’ve had a pen too. It happens. Cry more.

The referee let a metric fuckton of their fouls go, more bookings could’ve easily seen any of their players sent off. Every club in this league has been shafted by Referees, to borrow a quote from Syndrome in the Incredibles; “When everyone’s shafted- no one is”. You can’t claim dibs on referees in this league dicking you about, get in the fucking queue.

Also forgetting that the game being called off wasn’t in our hands, it was an external decision. Also forgetting the fact that we had no injuries to important players, whereas they had a bunch of players suspended or injured too, such as their first choice GK.

Saying “Kieffer Moore wouldn’t have scored the winner if the game hadn’t been called off”, is the argument of a deranged toddler. Shoulda woulda coulda. Get over yourselves and slink back into the irrelevant cesspool from whence you came.
Post of the week

notts forest, owner, manager, fans embarrassing themselves further

the offside was marginal, the sort of decision that happens in every EFL game every week of the season with no VAR , and travers pulls out of the challenge so it's irrelevant anyway
billing's foul was outside the area but contact continued inside so if Phil lies on the ground it's a penalty

they need to let it go and drag themselves into the playoffs

Yep otherwise the negative energy will be a barrier. They have a damned good chance of going up. Cling onto that.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/spor...ts-evangelos-marinakis-7038457?int_source=nba

Murray discusses referee performance

It wasn't just the owner who was reeling after the loss.

Former duo Glenn Murray and Michael Dawson voiced their frustrations with the officiating in the game in what ultimately cost Steve Cooper's side the tie. Talking to Sky Sports, Murray said that the decision to appoint Premier League officials for such a crucial tie who have VAR to 'fall back' on was the wrong move.

Read the full story HERE

Did Murray say such a thing?
So the absolute battering we dished out, 2nd half didn't cost them the match, it was purely down to the officials.

I watched the build up and game back after getting home....late night. Glenn Murray was pretty anti AFCB and very pro Forest...just going with the media hype but there was some kind of hidden agenda thing....I couldn't quite put my finger on it.

TBF for every delusional entitled Forest supporting prat ranting about how unfair everything is, there is probably another generous spirited Forest fan admitting we were good on the night and wishing us well. I’d rather Huddersfield went up through the play offs, and I think Forest’s owner is a w@nker, but I wouldn’t begrudge Forest supporters their moment in the sun if they negotiate the play offs.

They’re getting to almost Watfordesque levels of victimhood and conspiracy … You were supposed to roll over little noddy Bournemouth but it didn’t work out did it ! The river Trent is overflowing with tricky tears .

I watched the build up and game back after getting home....late night. Glenn Murray was pretty anti AFCB and very pro Forest...just going with the media hype but there was some kind of hidden agenda thing....I couldn't quite put my finger on it.

The narrative for Forest back in the PL was already set . Parachute Petromouth just upset the apple cart .

The narrative for Forest back in the PL was already set . Parachute Petromouth just upset the apple cart .

I was thinking Murray more than anything, he defo had a bit of a sad on with us.

Difficult to take seriously the opinion on refereeing decisions of people who mistake the literal laws of the game! Red card? :slap:

We all know we'll be done over by questionable decisions every other week next season as a small fish in that league, VAR and PL quality refs or not. Par for the course unfortunately, and I doubt any f**ks will be given by anyone else.

Probably is an element here of a certain narrative and storyline being setup in people's heads, that we upset by being stronger than some gave us credit for pre match.

We are no longer useful to Sky, unlike the 2014-17ish era when we were part of their narrative. Now we have overstayed our welcome and really should just politely disappear into obscurity :)

Last edited:

;