Thoughts vs Forest

https://www.nottinghampost.com/spor...ts-evangelos-marinakis-7038457?int_source=nba

Murray discusses referee performance

It wasn't just the owner who was reeling after the loss.

Former duo Glenn Murray and Michael Dawson voiced their frustrations with the officiating in the game in what ultimately cost Steve Cooper's side the tie. Talking to Sky Sports, Murray said that the decision to appoint Premier League officials for such a crucial tie who have VAR to 'fall back' on was the wrong move.

Read the full story HERE

Did Murray say such a thing?
So the absolute battering we dished out, 2nd half didn't cost them the match, it was purely down to the officials.

Complete nonsense.
If florist had been awarded a pen AND then scored ,the rest of the match would have played out absolutely different.

It's like saying we should be 4-0 up at half time due to chances created.
Score that first chance and the game goes into a different dynamic.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/spor...ts-evangelos-marinakis-7038457?int_source=nba

Murray discusses referee performance

It wasn't just the owner who was reeling after the loss.

Former duo Glenn Murray and Michael Dawson voiced their frustrations with the officiating in the game in what ultimately cost Steve Cooper's side the tie. Talking to Sky Sports, Murray said that the decision to appoint Premier League officials for such a crucial tie who have VAR to 'fall back' on was the wrong move.

Read the full story HERE

Did Murray say such a thing?
So the absolute battering we dished out, 2nd half didn't cost them the match, it was purely down to the officials.

Yeah, I'm also getting bored of the narrative that Florist only lost because of the ref. They have been on a cracking run but came up against the second best team in the league. First half they had better chances, second half we upped the ante and they just couldn't live with us.

Another thing...Lewis Cook will be black and blue today with the amount of sneaky late studs stamped on his legs. The ref let it continue all night.

And that is why I hope they fall flat on their entitled faces.
Big club my ars#. Big time attitude and living off of the past.

The weird thing is that Huddersfield have won 3 times the number of top flight titles that forest have won but they don’t go on and on about it. Even Pompey have won the top flight league more than them.

No European competitions back then for the Terriers but under Herbert chapman’s leadership I am sure they would have won something if there had been given they won the league 3 Years in a row. Forest may feel they have status in the European cup being past holders but they are not going to qualify for that competition for a long while. Plus it was an easier competition back then - one of their wins was against malmo. Hardly the best from la liga.

My kids are in their twenties and have no clue they forest are a big team. Clough’s achievements were 30-40 years ago.

Thought clough was sensational as a manager and his forest team was brilliant so not knocking them. It’s just the world of football has changed and will keep changing so no one has a divine right to be at the top for ever.

Last edited:
The weird thing is that Huddersfield have won 3 times the number of top flight titles that forest have won but they don’t go on and on about it. Even Pompey have won the top flight league more than them.

No European competitions back then for the Terriers but under Herbert chapman’s leadership I am sure they would have won something if there had been given they won the league 3 Years in a row. Forest may feel they have status in the European cup being past holders but they are not going to qualify for that competition for a long while. Plus it was an easier competition back then - one of their wins was against malmo. Hardly the best from la liga.

My kids are in their twenties and have no clue they forest are a big team. Clough’s achievements were 30-40 years ago.

Huddersfield do go on and on about it in my experience. Astonishing since most of them aren't within two generations of living memory of it.

David Prutton 155 appearances for Forest, Michael Dawson 111 appearances for Forest both coming through their youth system.

Glenn Murray presumably there to be the AFCB side of things, only played 3 more games for the Cherries than what he did for Forest.

It was a strange line up from Sky.

The way they’re carrying on about one single incident is pathetic. It’s touch and go whether it’s a penalty, there was a hint of contact but you can argue either way whether he was already going down at that point or not. Surely young Samuel wouldn’t throw himself to the ground prematurely? That’s not the Sam Surridge I know! It’s not some stonewall tragedy of a decision. Billing should’ve had a pen too. It happens. Cry more.

The referee let a metric fuckton of their fouls go, more bookings could’ve easily seen any of their players sent off. Every club in this league has been shafted by Referees, to borrow a quote from Syndrome in the Incredibles; “When everyone’s shafted- no one is”. You can’t claim dibs on referees in this league dicking you about, get in the fucking queue.

Also forgetting that the game being called off wasn’t in our hands, it was an external decision. Also forgetting the fact that we had no injuries to important players, whereas they had a bunch of players suspended or injured too, such as their first choice GK.

Saying “Kieffer Moore wouldn’t have scored the winner if the game hadn’t been called off”, is the argument of a deranged toddler. Shoulda woulda coulda. Get over yourselves and slink back into the irrelevant cesspool from whence you came.
Absolutely this, it happens all the time, to all teams.

With benefit of hindsight I am glad this happened, as I think it would have been a year too early, but we had to play a whole season again in the Championship due to that Australian ref at Brentford.

Very dubious penalty given against us, which gave them momentum.

Doesn't give us a penalty, when Ethan Pinnock handles the ball a foot above his head.

This season we could have been playing to win the league tomorrow, if that Fulham non goal hadn't been given.

Anyway my son tells me they're now doing VAR in Champ play offs. Wouldn't it be hysterical if Forest had a goal over turned or something?

They're in that blissfully unaware bubble, that they think VAR solves all contentious decisions.

They need to appreciate it can work against you just as easily, as we all know only far too well

Burnley away anyone?

Last edited:
Just looked at the ‘pen’. Didn’t recall it in the match at all.
He wasn’t offside. But he seemed to just fall over when he got close to Travers. But theatrical and never a penalty in my view.

Would VAR have given it? It doesn’t matter. I’d rather have no VAR, like we did dir decades, and have the odd dodgy decision.

I still don’t think that Fulham scored. Did the club ever test that goal line technology?

Them Man City players, still focused on their Title aim....won't know that they will be ticked off of our List of Conquered Clubs...during the next campaign.

It will be a case of..." Aye oop lads - look at what you could've won". as they troop off the pitch and pile heads down onto their BlueMoon Bus waiting under the swaying Pine Trees....minus the 3 points they came with !

All that Comes to Pass...

Them Man City players, still focused on their Title aim....won't know that they will be ticked off of our List of Conquered Clubs...during the next campaign.

It will be a case of..." Aye oop lads - look at what you could've won". as they troop off the pitch and pile heads down onto their BlueMoon Bus waiting under the swaying Pine Trees....minus the 3 points they came with !

All that Comes to Pass...
It would definitely be good to finally beat them in the PL.
An own goal, a dodgy VAR decision in our favour. I don't care, we just need to tick them off on the "We had ya !" list. I quite agree Brian, let's finally do it.
Scott, I hope you are listening !
:utc:

Some really Sore and Sour Stuff on Forest Forums about our club...other bits actually quite funny. ( Congo red).
As their fans approach the playoffs...it will be like 30,000 Fat Kids with their noses pressed against the Cake Shop window !

Last edited:
Some really Sore and Sour Stuff on Forest Forums about our club...other bits actually quite funny. ( Congo red).
As their fans approach the playoffs...it will be like 30,000 Fat Kids with their noses pressed against the Cake Shop window !

Football fans for you. I'm sure Brentford fans found some of our reactions amusing last season.

I was out in town celebrating after the game and after they initially thought I was taking the p1ss, their 'boys' softened up and most (all?) were complimentary, offering congratulations, saying we deserved it/better team overall on the night. I said I thought they were better 1st half and was concerned, but we were better 2nd half.

Just watched the first half back, lost count of how many times Solanke was pushed or kicked after the ball has gone.

Embarrassing rollirg around squealing by Zinkenthingy when Phil Bill wins the ball and doesn't touch him.

Not sure Surridge thought it was a penalty by his first reaction, but seen them given.

We created more than I thought we did first half but could have been behind.

Just watched the match over for first time,and repeatedly going over the footage I'm not entirely sure that Surridge was onside .
His body was defo offside, but it comes down to how defenders arms are considered to be playing him onside.

;