Tindall...my multi

How the fck did I know he would play a system that allowed Derby to draw with us?

2 of my 3 leg multi came in.

Tindalls strange selections allowed us to be pegged back by a very ordinary Derby.

If Tindall can not find a way to victimise and bully teams at this level given the squad then I am happy to call him out.

He does not have the nouse to beat a team like Derby?

To be honest I'd rather we lost that game.

It showed his ineptitude.

This ordinary derby side is much better than their position suggests; they are clearly playing under pressure. They are very strong defensively. Always feared this might end up as a low scoring draw. I don’t bet though.

Having said that our tactics helped them but when we did finally attack they had 3 very good chances late on to win the game.

If we draws at Sheffield in the week...there will be a massive wave of philosophy on these pages about our inability to ' put games away' with this amazing 'squad' ...in this Div.
But at the end of the day... It is just part of an endless compilation of Football results dating back to Victoria's reign...every single result totally unrelated to another....but the entertainment at the time for the fans/supporters was all that mattered really....for players its just something to do and earn some pennies...
So when an Alien knocks on your door to ask what Football is about...tell them that!

If we draws at Sheffield in the week...there will be a massive wave of philosophy on these pages about our inability to ' put games away' with this amazing 'squad' ...in this Div.
But at the end of the day... It is just part of an endless compilation of Football results dating back to Victoria's reign...every single result totally unrelated to another....but the entertainment at the time for the fans/supporters was all that mattered really....for players its just something to do and earn some pennies...
So when an Alien knocks on your door to ask what Football is about...tell them that!

Haha, good stuff.

But at the end of the day... It is just part of an endless compilation of Football results dating back to Victoria's reign...every single result totally unrelated to another....

At the end of the day (although it is just after seven in the morning), I beg to differ.

Somewhere between 38 and 46 matches are played between August of one year and May of the next.* This is what is known as a football season. The cumulative results over the season are put together in something called a league table. At the end of each season, teams at the top of each league table may either become champions or promoted to a higher league. Teams at the bottom may be relegated.**

In addition to this, there are so-called cup matches. Success in a cup match allows the victors to progress to a further round of cup matches, linking each round to the next until, in the final, one team will be awarded the title cup winners.

Thus, matches are intrinsically linked together in seasons. Through promotion and relegation, the seasons are also related to one another. Only the cup competitions are reset each season.

Now, I do understand the confusion as a team called Bournemouth and Boscombe Athletic once tried to cheat the system. They attempted this by staying mid-table in the same division and steadfastly trying not win any cup regardless of how insignificant the competition may be. They failed in both quests.

*In the Football League and Premier League, in peacetime and without coronavirus.
** Hopefully, Brighton, Gillingham and a few other scally teams.

At the end of the day (although it is just after seven in the morning), I beg to differ.

Somewhere between 38 and 46 matches are played between August of one year and May of the next.* This is what is known as a football season. The cumulative results over the season are put together in something called a league table. At the end of each season, teams at the top of each league table may either become champions or promoted to a higher league. Teams at the bottom may be relegated.**

In addition to this, there are so-called cup matches. Success in a cup match allows the victors to progress to a further round of cup matches, linking each round to the next until, in the final, one team will be awarded the title cup winners.

Thus, matches are intrinsically linked together in seasons. Through promotion and relegation, the seasons are also related to one another. Only the cup competitions are reset each season.

Now, I do understand the confusion as a team called Bournemouth and Boscombe Athletic once tried to cheat the system. They attempted this by staying mid-table in the same division and steadfastly trying not win any cup regardless of how insignificant the competition may be. They failed in both quests.

*In the Football League and Premier League, in peacetime and without coronavirus.

Yeah that's all very clear and not without flecks of humour and irony , much else...I like it Eric ..but I was more or less referring to events within each 90 minutes being unrelated to another, so nothing in that respect could prevent a series of consecutive drawn games..something like that..
Hey its still only 8.30 am !
Its good though, to take me to task early on in the day before I get too much Vitamin D !

I remember you from Viz..... Mr Logic!

Sunday Posts are always best..
...very windy this Moanin'..
And..more 'Dragons Breath' coming in on a South Westerly later...:whistle: joyful !

I don't want come across as some kind of pious Ultra, but how on earth can anybody bet against AFCB?
The only reason bookmakers exist is because a lot of mugs bet on what they want to happen rather than what will happen.

Over decades we've consistently lost pathetically at home to god awful relegation fodder, but bookies keep offering decent odds on it happening so I'll keep taking their money often enough to make a profit.

The only reason bookmakers exist is because a lot of mugs bet on what they want to happen rather than what will happen.

Over decades we've consistently lost pathetically at home to god awful relegation fodder, but bookies keep offering decent odds on it happening so I'll keep taking their money often enough to make a profit.
Smart money. We rarely disappoint. If a team desperately needs a result against us we usually oblige. I’m just grateful and somewhat surprised that we at least managed to draw yesterday. So you were somewhat unfortunate and fortunate at the same time (y)

It's amazing how after a pathetic defeat to some team of usually talentless, fat, northern hoofers can seem not quite so bad when you get a free night out (when that was allowed).

I do occasionally bet on one of ours to score first or even on a home draw in a cup match to pay to go to a replay (ask your parents kids) but never on us to win. We won't and it'll be my fault.

Quite a while ago I got called a traitor to my country for backing Portugal to win England's group at a frankly staggering 4/1! I was very happy when England went 2-0 up against them in the first game and disappointed when I picked up my winnings a few days later after just two games.

It's amazing how after a pathetic defeat to some team of usually talentless, fat, northern hoofers can seem not quite so bad when you get a free night out (when that was allowed).

I do occasionally bet on one of ours to score first or even on a home draw in a cup match to pay to go to a replay (ask your parents kids) but never on us to win. We won't and it'll be my fault.

Quite a while ago I got called a traitor to my country for backing Portugal to win England's group at a frankly staggering 4/1! I was very happy when England went 2-0 up against them in the first game and disappointed when I picked up my winnings a few days later after just two games.
Seems like a great win/win strategy as long as you only bet what you can afford to lose. If I were a betting man I’d probably look to do the same. It’s always nice to be watching a game where either result has its positives !
It’s probably a bit like having a crap manager and then watching us lose another game we should have won. You’re gutted that we lost again but hopeful that this defeat might be the one to force the board into a change of management :)

I love the idea of Eddie Howe spending his retirement tracing these people and phoning them up to say "How could you, after all I did for you?"
:)
Surely Ed of all people should know that we are prone to a crap performance against lesser opposition. I’m sure he’d understand ;)

;