Tindall...my multi

Dragonm8 has gone very quiet on his own thread. I take it it’s out of embarrassment after his foul-mouthed rants and childish name calling on Saturday

I don't want come across as some kind of pious Ultra, but how on earth can anybody bet against AFCB?

Insurance betting. If we win, you're happy. If we lose, you're pissed off but at least you've got a few quid to compensate your misery.

I don't do it much but I can remember for example more than covering the cost of the trip to Tranmere by betting on Donny to win the league.

I've done a few insurance bets in the past. The advantage you have as a fan is to know when the bookies are under or overestimating your team. Mostly the odds are based on results and not performances.

An easy one for me was Iceland to beat England in the euros at 8/1. The media was paying Iceland absolutely no respect and the writing was on the wall. Odds were probably inflated by the sheer number of England fans betting, thinking we were going to walk it. I'd seen it all before so might as well make some cash from it.

For me it's not a case of supporting the other team, it's trying to beat the bookies.

If you feel guilty you can always spend your winnings at the club shop.

Insurance betting. If we win, you're happy. If we lose, you're pissed off but at least you've got a few quid to compensate your misery.

exactly this

but betting on your own team and then moaning like fcuk at the manager when they lose has got to be the dictionary definition of stupidity

First rule of betting,never bet on your own team.

Didn't some Leicester supporters bet on their team to win premier league.A tenner at 5000 to one ,nice little earner.Ok it was a one off but how many of us bet on us winning Championship in '15.

Didn't some Leicester supporters bet on their team to win premier league.A tenner at 5000 to one ,nice little earner.Ok it was a one off but how many of us bet on us winning Championship in '15.

Not me.....but the only bet I've done in years was £50 on us to win the Prem in our first season.

I thought "we score goals for fun, they won't be able to contain us, we'll surprise everyone".

And that's why I don't bet......

Reactions: drd
football is the hardest sport to gamble with and actually win money unless you can hit it lucky with an accumulator of six or more results. Bookies thesedays offer precious little in terms of value...I now just do no more than trebles and only to win relatively small profits. The high rollers will stake large to win small profits but just do it with proper evaluation. The Bookies make loads from punters who just enjoy the game and will rely on the odds to be upset...which they don't very often, althoigh like Leicester proved strange returns can happen (but I would bet that only the very isolated person would have pitched in at 5000-1...and now you will never see odds that generous again!) I remember when we famously turned over Liverpool 4-3..the inplay odds with 20 minutes to go at 1-3 were still only 66/1 for us to win and I wouldn't have even touched it!

I know a girl from work who's dad was among the "stupid few" to bet on winning the league. Apparently he used to do it every season just in case. Also get on them getting into the champions League. If memory serves, he pocketed about £35k. No idea how much he put on, but took ages to pay out.

football is the hardest sport to gamble with and actually win money unless you can hit it lucky with an accumulator of six or more results. Bookies thesedays offer precious little in terms of value...I now just do no more than trebles and only to win relatively small profits. The high rollers will stake large to win small profits but just do it with proper evaluation. The Bookies make loads from punters who just enjoy the game and will rely on the odds to be upset...which they don't very often, althoigh like Leicester proved strange returns can happen (but I would bet that only the very isolated person would have pitched in at 5000-1...and now you will never see odds that generous again!) I remember when we famously turned over Liverpool 4-3..the inplay odds with 20 minutes to go at 1-3 were still only 66/1 for us to win and I wouldn't have even touched it!

well yep they apply over round to guarantee you won;t win over the long term.

there are ways of finding 'value' bets where they're slow to update the odds.

;