Training ground

The sale of Wilson or Fraser in the summer will pay for the training complex.

The sale of Brooks next summer will pay for the stadium. With change to spare, hopefully.

... and what's left to replace 3 of our most influencial players...? It's alright saying we can sell these players to fund infrastructure but we also need to still compete on the field...

If it was Fraser, Wilson and Ake all out the door...that will open the trap door to the Championship...not so much losing their playing abilities but the general shock, upheaval and message to the squad....it would be too much! I think that would be an immediate entrenchment in 20th place in August and right through to May.....especially if we stay in this form now!
Sorry to be gloomy but its just too much!
Certainly wasn’t thinking all three at once !
We could get offers for them though - Ake has been really peeved at the end of the last couple of matches , clearly getting fed up with the awful performances around him , so maybe he’s had enough ...
Fraser on Arsenal “ what will be will be “
Wilson now an England international, might feel he wants to move to “ bigger things...

I hope we keep all three !!

But at last, 20 months after the plans were submitted, we now have revised plans going in and hopefully can have this ready for next mid season. Not very likley we'll get that new stadium in 2020, so that placemarker has slipped but hey it's progress. I notice that Blake said that it would mean an improvement in category Status, likely not to category A, but maybe a deal has been struck??
That's a good point. Maybe the plans needed to be revised after FA input on the academy status?

I hear one of the changes is for an underground pitch, just in case Leeds get promoted : )
I heard that fixture would be a jumpers for goalposts game on the proposed A338 junction,,,think of how quickly the clearance work would take place...save the council a fortune

Just comparing the new announcement to the old one:
Everything is identical but the "new" ground will have an extra pitch: an outdoor artificial one. The old plans had one indoor artificial pitch but not an outdoor one.
In my experience (limited to going to my son's games) these are different surfaces so would be helpful (esp for the academy) to be able to practice on every surface they may encounter.

Planning has been updated in the last few days. The club want to start by demolishing the existing structures (including the old clubhouse) and sheds and were checking on a few things. It looks like they have been given the go ahead (edited - I take that back - I'm not sure yet)

It appears they have just checked checked for bats or birds nesting before demolition, so could be soon I guess.

https://boppa.poole.gov.uk/online-a...ctiveTab=documents&keyVal=_POOLE_DCAPR_251135

Last edited:

;