Training ground

Versions of a general , rolling theme;
But....
Bricks? Cranes? Shovels and Picks? Geezers in Work clothing and yellow jackets
...stood around on mobiles ? Drills ? Action?
Somewhere in Dorset or Hampshire?

Some swanky looking new pictures. The curved building appears the new addition?

Which goes with the existing club house being demolished instead of refurbished I suppose?

The original plans also involved knocking down the original golf club buildings, just that the replacement building was on more or less the same footprint. This looks more radical.

The other major difference is that the indoor pitch looks to be attached to the main building. In the original plans the indoor pitch was on the other side of the car park.

The existing training pavilion (opposite the two current training pitches behind the East Stand) was going to be taken down and re-sited alongside the indoor pitch to act as the changing rooms for it and also to house a family area for parents and other relatives of the academy and junior players. It will be interesting to see what it is used for instead, if anything.

The architects are the same firm that designed Brentford’s new ground.

Last edited:
I'm concerned those parking spaces aren't going to work. Odd shapes, and too small.

Under the main picture there is an advert titled "Neils rubbish clearence "
Wasn't sure if it referred to Neil Dawson or Neil Blake o_O

I’m sure I don’t smell a hint of ‘it’s not going to happen’ from you Al!
FYI Any prediction of impending doom that Al made regarding relegation....lack of training ground...stadium etc is now apparently dull and void due to last Thursdays incredible development.

FYI Any prediction of impending doom that Al made regarding relegation....lack of training ground...stadium etc is now apparently dull and void due to last Thursdays incredible development.

Do you know what..I even posted that.
KEEP UP WITH THE FACTS.

Wow, looks way more impressive than the previous version.

It's a start, when it's built and EH takes the first training session there I'll say well done for creating HALF the promise of a legacy.
It's great for the club, we need to be Tier 2 Academy at least and it will have good long term rewards for the club with exciting homegrown talent and this investment will make us lots of money.

From a fans point of view though not much changes, especially in the short term. These facilities are solely the benefit to the players, management and staff and I imagine we won't be allowed to see it which I believe places more significance on the new Stadium as that is something we are very much part off and want to see the WHOLE promise made so we have something to look forward too and can get excited about and enjoy and make memories in.

I remember them building the current DC, I was 14 but it didn't really give me the dopamine rush it should've when I realized it was beginning to look like a 3 sided bog standard HomeBase building with a large garden area in the middle used with cheap materials. It's important the new Stadium is unique and has high quality building materials because DC started rusting and loosing colour within the first year.

My thoughts go out to the loyal older fans who may not get to see it because of the 5 years of indecisiveness the club have cost us because those actions can't be easily forgiven.

;