Training ground

Millwall announce plans to build a new training complex and move in by late 2024, moving various age groups and teams into one central site. To be built near Sevenoaks in Kent by the M20.

https://newsatden.co.uk/84879-millwall-reveal-more-details-on-new-training-ground-plans/

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/dartford/news/inside-millwalls-kent-training-ground-proposals-267972/

"medical, rehabilitation and treatment facilities, gym and training facilities, team and staff changing rooms, meeting rooms, press/media provision and other amenities for players and management and an indoor training pitch is also required for the players to train in during the winter and inclement weather. These are requirements of the Elite Player Performance Plan, a governing body for football clubs and the facilities proposed have been benchmarked against other similar facilities. "

Millwall currently have Cat 2 EPP academy status and this will ensure they continue to meet that.

Can't find any figures for costs at the moment. No PL money sloshing around for Millwall obviously but credit to them.

Vidoe interview with Millwall chief executive Steve Kavanagh re above.

https://www.millwallfc.co.uk/news/2022/may/millwalls-ceo-talks-about-training-ground-plans/

Millwall announce plans to build a new training complex and move in by late 2024, moving various age groups and teams into one central site. To be built near Sevenoaks in Kent by the M20.

https://newsatden.co.uk/84879-millwall-reveal-more-details-on-new-training-ground-plans/

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/dartford/news/inside-millwalls-kent-training-ground-proposals-267972/

"medical, rehabilitation and treatment facilities, gym and training facilities, team and staff changing rooms, meeting rooms, press/media provision and other amenities for players and management and an indoor training pitch is also required for the players to train in during the winter and inclement weather. These are requirements of the Elite Player Performance Plan, a governing body for football clubs and the facilities proposed have been benchmarked against other similar facilities. "

Millwall currently have Cat 2 EPP academy status and this will ensure they continue to meet that.

Can't find any figures for costs at the moment. No PL money sloshing around for Millwall obviously but credit to them.
If only we had the PL money and the land to fund something similar.:rolleyes:

In fact Southampton, Brighton, Reading, Newcastle, Arsenal, Man City, Villa, West Ham, Brentford, Spurs, Liverpool, Arsenal, Swansea, Huddersfield, Hull, Stoke, Leciester, Burton, Wigan and many more seem to have done alright out of it.
Leicester went bust after they bult the Walkers stadium for ....wait for it...£37m

I think it’s quite apparent that Max’s only real concern is with success on the field, and he has invested tens of millions of pounds of his own money to make that happen. If he doesn’t want to spend to improve the infrastructure then that’s his prerogative, if it weren’t for him then it wouldn’t be a conversation point in the first place. We all want the training ground/new stadium but we have no right to expect anything, especially given what Max has given us.

Like the old Greek fella, kept rolling that stone up the mountain only for it to come back down again ad infinitum.
You mean Sisyphus
Zeus punished him for cheating death twice

What is the moral of Sisyphus?

Sisyphus teaches us to never give in to circumstantial disappointments or try to escape from the failures, rather accept failures the same way we accept our achievements. And most importantly, no matter how much we lose in our quest, we must never back down till we fulfill our potential.
1654037610010.png

I think it’s quite apparent that Max’s only real concern is with success on the field, and he has invested tens of millions of pounds of his own money to make that happen. If he doesn’t want to spend to improve the infrastructure then that’s his prerogative, if it weren’t for him then it wouldn’t be a conversation point in the first place. We all want the training ground/new stadium but we have no right to expect anything, especially given what Max has given us.
We’ll I’m not fussed about a new training ground.

Would increasing the capacity with a larger ted stand actually cost any money though.
All new seats sold as season tickets and I imagine it pays for itself each season with maybe a bit left over.

Would increasing the capacity with a larger ted stand actually cost any money though.
All new seats sold as season tickets and I imagine it pays for itself each season with maybe a bit left over.
If we increased by 2000, at £30 a ticket over 19 home games is only just over £1m per season. Think even a temp stand of 4000 would cost more than that, plus it wouldn't be ready for the start of the season

The focus appears to be on making us successful as possible on the pitch, which I can understand and back.

Max already has invested a large chunk and although wealthy, is clearly not on the same scale as owners at other clubs.

Some suggest splitting transfer budget/wages with improving the ground/stadium, but I think the people running the club want as much as possible to be used on keeping us in the top flight. Its ok saying we get millions from Sky, but how much goes on wages, transfer fees? Clearly will always been room for improvement, and although simplisitc, directors mgmt are probably thinking 'we could spend x amount less on players, but that increases risk of getting relegated and not getting the income and prestige that comes with being a top flight club. We could use that money to attract better calibre of players'.

Like I say doesn;t guarantee survival, but in general, increases your chances. Building new/bigger ground won;t help us establish ourselves in the short term, and would probably severely detract from our spending budget in the transfer market.

Understand many fans point of view too, re legacy, so its a tough one. Shame for thousands of fans who can;t get in and swell our core fan base.

I lean towards spend money on players, establish ourselves as PL/Top Champ club over the next 5 years +, then seriously consider new stadium, or vastle increase Dean Court (if we can buy it back).

;