Training ground

You could argue that it is inevitable that we will come back down at some point be it in 1 or 5 years time so why spend all our funds on transfer fees and wages.

Would it not be more sensible to develop our training facilities and Academy set up to produce our own players for our next shot at the promised land and accept that we have just a season or so in the sun.
Indeed. Yo-yoing like Norwich for a few seasons would probably enable that and once the infrastructure is all there, next time we go up, we can get back to blowing all of the PL money on the playing staff again. No reason why we can't yo-yo for a bit and improve the infrastructure in the meantime, that would be my way, that is growing the football club. Surely you can balance investment in the players with investment towards growing the football club in a better way than we are currently ?

As you say, even with the current policy, we are most likely to experience a relegation soon enough anyway, so why not put the emphasis on using the money to grow the football club for a while ? It's what I would be attempting to do, for what it's worth.

I still think the PL is the be all and end all for Max because he believes that the type of partner he is looking for would only entertain investing in a tinpot little club like AFCB if we are "Premier League". I hope it works out for him, even if it may not be the best outcome for us fans.

Of course it would be the much more sensible blindingly obvious way to go but you can't get that through to the "I'm all right Jack I've got my season ticket and I want to see us compete against the best with some marquee signings" types on here.

Better than the people who can spend the owner's money better than he can. These people can spend a pound three times over.

Better than the people who can spend the owner's money better than he can. These people can spend a pound three times over.

are you max's accountant or something?
I'm more than happy to at least listen to arguments for how to spend the owner's money if it means a remote possibility of accommodating more fans
[the training ground is dead in the water]

are you max's accountant or something?
I'm more than happy to at least listen to arguments for how to spend the owner's money if it means a remote possibility of accommodating more fans
[the training ground is dead in the water]

We'd all love a new ground. Unfortunately the numbers don't add up unless someone takes a big loss on it.

Of course it would be the much more sensible blindingly obvious way to go but you can't get that through to the "I'm all right Jack I've got my season ticket and I want to see us compete against the best with some marquee signings" types on here.
Still crying over a difference of opinion? And you think everyone without a season ticket wants a new training ground!?

No Rob and no. You still happy?
If it’s ok with you then yes. I’ve seen plenty of other AFCB owners put the club at risk financially. Near to going out of existence. I’ve seen nothing yet from MD which suggests he would do otherwise.
I’d like a 30k stadium and a top notch training facility but I’m happy with whatever Maxim decides he can afford.
I also understand why people think otherwise rather than try and create some silly tribal argument about it.

Last edited:
If it’s ok with you then yes. I’ve seen plenty of other AFCB owners of the club at risk financially. Near to going out of existence. I’ve seen nothing yet from MD which suggests he would do otherwise.
I’d like a 30k stadium and a top notch training facility but I’m happy with whatever Maxim decides he can afford.
I also understand why people think otherwise rather than try and create some silly tribal argument about it.

Indeed and if we all can’t play fantasy football club owner on a message board then where can we play it? We’d all have different ideas on what we’d do if we were multimillionaires or billionaires.

I’d build an island in the bay, build the stadium on that and run a monorail back to the mainland every match day…

;)
Indeed and if we all can’t play fantasy football club owner on a message board then where can we play it? We’d all have different ideas on what we’d do if we were multimillionaires or billionaires.

I’d build an island in the bay, build the stadium on that and run a monorail back to the mainland every match day…

Ah! the much talked about monorail and that’s gone as far as a new stadium for AFCB.

What will it be park and ‘row’?

Relocate to Poole, build a stadium on Brownsea island and call ourselves the Poole Pirates?

Much of The MONEY from this new period in the PL will benefit those that have access to it.. cars ...yachts ..holidays. etcetera : The rest will be squandered.. I tell you that for f√ck -all. That's what I'm good at!

If it’s ok with you then yes. I’ve seen plenty of other AFCB owners put the club at risk financially. Near to going out of existence. I’ve seen nothing yet from MD which suggests he would do otherwise.
No Rob, it's not like you to try and create an argument about anything.

;