Training ground

Hi I'm new on here but have been following the site for a while.

I think it's poor that we haven't made the Ted Mac bigger. You look at other temporary stands and there is no reason why our south stand shouldn't be double the size of what it. We've been in the prem enough seasons to do it even if we do go on to build a new ground. Fans can't get tickets until at least 2027. Why not make the south stand a 6k job like the Fulham away stand
I agree but I guess it would all depends on how expensive the upgrade would be and what return on the money they'd get over the 3+ years until the new stadium is ready. Foley is a businessman first and foremost and a fan second.

Yes it is very difficult to get tickets but at least it's easier to get that elusive first point this season.
Once you've got that you have a chance to buy one of the returned tickets on a Friday and also those that I guess, ST holders are selling too because they can't go to a match. Good luck to you if that's the case.

They are both gone, but the recognition EM got at his passing was fooking pitiful.

Someone letting fireworks off at the 69th minute is all he got.

He’s a part of our history, whether you like that or not, and he deserves to be recognised for that.
I'm not going to get all SDD....but I have my reasons ...not speaking ill of the dead and all that

Perhaps Mr Foley would like the ladies and the development team to play home games at DC, rather than Ringwood and Wimborne. If they can get it at a knock down price, makes sense to keep it as part of the portfolio.
Like at Barca call it the Mini Stad

Agree that Mitchell should get some recognition in the way of his name applied to a structure....but NOT by renaming the Ted Shed !
Ted McDougal was...well we know full well what he was....and Ted himself has great affection for this club ..
....his goals aside....the memory of Ted running out of the tunnel onto the pitch at the start, head down and thrusting forward, bombing into the penalty area and slamming the ball into the net at the South End...showing his intent for the afternoon..

Popped over and had a look at the progress on the TG today. A hell of a lot going on. The outdoor pitches are really taking shape, all laid out, drainage installed and getting ready for the top layers and grass to be added. The main building structure is nearing completion, 3 storeys high with roof now on. With all the talk of watering the DC pitch I thought I would confirm there is a massive water tower completed by the indoor pitch building as well as a new holding pond for recycling water.

This could be a daft question for any reason you think...but it's only just occured to me.

Looking at the overall space taken up by what looks a large indoor pitch structure...plus other stuff around the site..could we not have built a large Stadium there on that spot with the TG adjacent ?

This could be a daft question for any reason you think...but it's only just occured to me.

Looking at the overall space taken up by what looks a large indoor pitch structure...plus other stuff around the site..could we not have built a large Stadium there on that spot with the TG adjacent ?
No, not enough room for both as well as car parks etc.

Surely it's a suitable place for a Stadium..there's loads more fields that could be purchased to gain space for car parks...and it's away from housing.
It's easy to get to for fans outside the area, coming from West via Wimborne and from East, North and South turn off at Bear Cross.
The Airport is not far away....for clubs like Real Madrid to fly into ..once again turn off at Bear Cross.
I dunno.. maybe I'm just plain daft and addicted to Google Earth !

Surely it's a suitable place for a Stadium..there's loads more fields that could be purchased to gain space for car parks...and it's away from housing.
It's easy to get to for fans outside the area, coming from West via Wimborne and from East, North and South turn off at Bear Cross.
The Airport is not far away....for clubs like Real Madrid to fly into ..once again turn off at Bear Cross.
I dunno.. maybe I'm just plain daft and addicted to Google Earth !
it's a fair point, but without looking to much into it what are the roads/infrastructure there for access etc?

;