Transfer targets!?

Well...seems like someone needs to get working fast on the Ins and Outs...sure as hell seems to have stalled...little time left to get the team ready...
However with it being a Closed Door start and possibly infinite....is there any point having a season at all....no spectators.

Could easily be wrong but can’t see it happening. King, Wilson and Lerma to follow Ake. Think we have a strong chance of keeping anyone else that we want to keep.

Agreed. King has 12 months on his contract so we need to shift him on and there will be suitors for a mid-table PL striker.

Wilson's wages are a problem and, if the press are to be believed, he's made clear his intention to move so if someone comes in at a decent level he will likely go.

I've no clue on Lerma. Somehow it feels like he'd be enormous fun in the Championship but perhaps he'd be worried about his international prospects.

After that, if anyone wants to leave it's going to cost the buying club absolute top dollar. So even if we sold someone like Brooks it will be for a silly fee which would give us plenty of room to maneuver in the market.

Reactions: DJ
Brooks, Kelly, L Cook and Ramsdale could also be snapped up, because they joined us to play premiership football and not stay in the Championship. Plus we no longer have the Eddie factor of him improving new young talent.

Callum Robinson has been linked. Can play on the left or as a central striker so would definitely address an area of need.

He was actually on our radar last summer but ended up at Sheffield United

Brooks, Kelly and Ramsdale all have long contracts. They might be bought by someone but it won't be on the cheap. That's fine and is part of football. As long as we reinvest the money well its how it works.

I think L Cook's contract might be shorter but still wouldn't expect any cut price deal for him until next summer.

King is going (board will be no doubt be furious how Fraser situation played out). It's irrelevant who takes over in terms of the King and probably Wilson situation. As for Franno, Surman and Daniels I'm sure this will be dependent on who takes over, so I guess that's why no movement yet. Not sure they are definite, but looks like will involve new manager. I can also see why Dobre is going. With all respect, his loans haven't worked out. Other outgoings hopefully will involve new manger as well, such as Brooks et al, but not sure they will go unless very good offer.

Brooks, Kelly, L Cook and Ramsdale could also be snapped up, because they joined us to play premiership football and not stay in the Championship. Plus we no longer have the Eddie factor of him improving new young talent.
All on long contracts though and require a huge bid for us to sell. We have no reason to sell when the benefits of keeping them and potentially promotion are far greater.

Brooks, Kelly and Ramsdale all have long contracts. They might be bought by someone but it won't be on the cheap. That's fine and is part of football. As long as we reinvest the money well its how it works.

I think L Cook's contract might be shorter but still wouldn't expect any cut price deal for him until next summer.
I’m with you . No fire sale and I believe Demin with this . Shift king and Wilson and maybe may one
More allows a couple of new additions to freshen things up

One thing any relegated club needs is an injection of new blood. While I think the squad is good enough to go up, morale is going to be low. If after selling who we need to in order to balance the books, I wouldn’t be adverse to one more sale for a bit more flexibility in the transfer marker

All this talk about trying to hang on to people, haven’t we learned our lesson from King and Fraser. After the Manure approach Josh took a while to get going again and as for Weeman the less said the better. I’m not suggesting for one minute that Rambo, Brooks or Cook would give anything but 100% but knowing they could have had a big money pay day will affect them psychologically.

If they want to go they can ask to go. Big difference between that and the club merely being approached. Matt Ritchie did it the right way

All this talk about trying to hang on to people, haven’t we learned our lesson from King and Fraser. After the Manure approach Josh took a while to get going again and as for Weeman the less said the better. I’m not suggesting for one minute that Rambo, Brooks or Cook would give anything but 100% but knowing they could have had a big money pay day will affect them psychologically.
Turn that on it’s head, have they learnt from Fraser? If you don’t perform the interest will dwindle

There’s a difference between King, Wilson and Fraser and our younger players like Brooks and Ramsdale. Last summer, the value of the first 3 was at the top of the market. For a variety of factors we were never going to get more than we could have back then

With our younger players, the upside is still there. Lewis Cook is one in particular where his value could treble after a dominant Championship campaign.

We need to get better at selling when at the top of the market but we shouldn’t over compensate by panic selling when at the bottom of the market.

Can we not sort the manager out first as every manager will want different players
All the board really had to do was tell the playing staff that they will not engage in any transfer talks with other clubs until the the manager was in place. Most of the players are on holiday anyway.

;