Tyler Adams

I watched the whole game on Univision (Spanish TV here in the States) and Adams got 46 minutes (entire first half) before being substituted. Overall, he had a steady if unspectacular game until that cracking goal just before the HT whistle. I think the Mexican team were thinking about HT as they gave him so much space - space he is unlikely to get in the PL. He played a similar role to Cook as a DM but didn't get forward as much as Cook does. He was neat and tidy in possession but mostly stroked it around the defenders. He reminded me of Surman for the first 20 minutes or so as he made himself available as the safety option. He was caught in possession only once and I think that was a combination of a bit of game staleness but also felt he should have got a shout from a teammate. It did look as though he was tiring as the game neared HT but he answered that with a goal. Overall, encouraging.

He did ok considering first full start, did make few mistakes in the mid but nothing costly, just needs more game time and fitness and 90 mins today will help him.

First half, about 30 mins in, there was a stoppage and he was (looked like) having a disagreement with AI on something

;