Tyrone Mings

Tyrone MingsVerified account
?@OfficialTM_3
This week I joined in my first part of team training for 10 & a half months... A passing & defensive drill..

Anyone know where this puts him in terms of being ready to play? Last I heard he wasn't likely to play a full part in pre season but it seems that everything since then has been really positive*

*touch wood.

SlowDownDerek - 14/7/2016 19:47

Anyone know where this puts him in terms of being ready to play? Last I heard he wasn't likely to play a full part in pre season but it seems that everything since then has been really positive*

*touch wood.

Agree - must be a close call for EH to have either Tyrone or Wiggins in the final 25.

kao1j - 14/7/2016 20:42

SlowDownDerek - 14/7/2016 19:47

*touch wood.

Agree - must be a close call for EH to have either Tyrone or Wiggins in the final 25.

They'll both be in it.

I'm not so sure.

Mings needs to get a lot of football under his belt, he's been out a long time.

It wouldn't be a surprise if he wasn't in the 25 up to Christmas - being away on loan to get fit instead - but then joined the select group from Jan onwards.

Of course, only EH knows what's best and a lot can change between now and the end of the transfer window anyway.

Here's the video of him talking about hsi current progress - all sounds positive.

http://www.player.afcb.co.uk/latest-news/fed953a3-479b-447b-ba5b-673be474dc5d

I imagine he is probably a couple of months away from top notch fitness and sharpness but all positive news.

Interesting in the video, it was confirmed that Callum also still has to manage his knee and miss some training sessions.

The Alchemist - 19/7/2016 13:40

Here's the video of him talking about hsi current progress - all sounds positive.

http://www.player.afcb.co.uk/latest-news/fed953a3-479b-447b-ba5b-673be474dc5d

I imagine he is probably a couple of months away from top notch fitness and sharpness but all positive news.

Interesting in the video, it was confirmed that Callum also still has to manage his knee and miss some training sessions.

I was worried about Callum too when I saw that. Wise to do so, of course, but wonder how effective he will be at the start of the season. At least we have other options now though so can manage him carefully. Maybe indicates better to have Mings here and watch his rehab closely rather than out on loan...if we have decent reserve games for him.

It may well be the instigation of a new "Monday" club again. I can't recall all the members now but Fletch was a regular at that club.

Hard to read too much into a short piece, but the OHEC quotes from Howe suggesting it is planned to have a look at Mings for CB. At the risk of doing a BTK, link is below. Fitness coming along well and he should give us an option at some stage hopefully not long from now.

http://m.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/14655129.AFC_Bournemouth_boss_Eddie_Howe__Fitness_is_Ty_s_priority/

That's what the Brad Smith transfer pointed to and great to see as I think Mings will excel at CB once he gets himself properly fit.

That probably now means we are looking at just one CB (especially as Mings won't be fit for a month or two).

Can't see that we can throw Mings into CB in the prem without some game time somewhere. Would make sense to send him on loan somewhere for a month or 2

A series of U21 dev squad fixtures with some behind closed door games in between would be my guess.

It is a big ask to come back from a long lay off and be thrown in the central defence of a PL side. A gamble, but Howe sounds comfortable with it.

CherryBare - 2/8/2016 08:51

Can't see that we can throw Mings into CB in the prem without some game time somewhere. Would make sense to send him on loan somewhere for a month or 2

All loans now have to be no shorter than 'til 31/12 or til the end of season. Short term and so called emergency loans (apart from keepers) no longer permitted.

I spoke to Mings at the Minnesota game and he said he was 2 or 3 weeks away from being fit, at the time I assumed this meant joining in with full on training with the team and building up his playing time. Sounds like that might be the case.

Expected by many but it also creates an interesting conundrum since you'd expect Mings to become a left sided CB. If we do then go out and flash the big cash at the highest quality CB that we can afford it should then be a right sided CB who would then compete with the club captain for a space in the team.

We've seen before that EH isn't adverse to not selecting the captain in the starting XI at times but it still feels a little odd to me.

It is an issue that Cook, Cargill, plus presumably Mings are all left sided CBs.
We saw how out of sorts Cook was on the right side for patches of last season. It's important.

northstandmark - 2/8/2016 09:50

It is an issue that Cook, Cargill, plus presumably Mings are all left sided CBs.
We saw how out of sorts Cook was on the right side for patches of last season. It's important.

Cook has always played on the left side when we have fielded two right footed centre backs, but I wouldn't call him a left sided CB.

afcdibby - 2/8/2016 21:27

northstandmark - 2/8/2016 09:50

Cook has always played on the left side when we have fielded two right footed centre backs, but I wouldn't call him a left sided CB.

Following his dramatic drop in form and Cook's own admission of his performances as a right sided centre half, I think we can call him a left sided centre back.

;