Tyrone Mings

4FCB - 5/1/2017 12:26

Unless we sign a couple of defenders of PL quality / ability, I wouldn't let him go anywhere at the moment.

7/4 to go to Sunderland?? I can't see him going either unless he's desperate.

http://news.ladbrokes.com/football/premier-league/sunderland-edging-ipswich-in-race-to-sign-bournemouth-defender.html

I really hope he's not going anywhere... how long have we been desperate for a 6ft 2+ defender to dominate the opposition giants?

He may not get a great deal of playing time with us this year, but next year I could see him featuring on a more regular basis (as Francis fades into the background?).

Unfortunately for Mings he's one more knee injury off an early retirement.

Was a very talented player before his injury, but it would make sense financially to offload him.

The manner in which he succumbed to his latest injury suggests his knees are very weak.

They buckled from underneath him under no challenge whatsoever.

If Eddie thought he was fine to play in his natural left back position why would he attempt to convert him to a centre back?

Mings grew up playing centre back. He is therefore a natural centre back who was converted to play left back.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3182585/Tyrone-Mings-showing-drive-thrive-targets-place-England-squad-Bournemouth-s-record-signing.html

I think it was always Eddie's intention for him to play CB for us eventually. Other clubs who had shown an interest in him had also earmarked him as a centre back.

Its a catch 22 for Mings. He really needs to play some football which he probably wont get here in the league. However, he will only be allowed on loan if we sign decent defensive cover.

The problem then is that on his returns from loan he will have then fallen further down the pecking order, especially if we do bring in a quality CB who takes his opportunity.

The best bet for Mings would be to play an absolute blinder later today and hope Eddie finally decides Ake is worth a chance in midfield. With Franno out for 2 PL games, he might just get a chance which he will have to take.

I do find it funny that so many people seem to think that because Mings is tall he will dominate people in the air. For a bloke of his size he is incredibly light weight. Miles away from the big, imposing centre half character some think he is.

I agree with him though. He desperately needs game time but not with us right now. A loan for the rest of the season would make sense.

thefiendofkingspark - 7/1/2017 18:02

The Alchemist - 7/1/2017 17:51

With Ake's recall, Tyrone will get his chance to shine over the next few weeks.

Good. The lad needs to be given an opportunity.

Also by our fans.

We have seen how long it is taking Max Gradel and Callum Wilson to get back to the form we know and of all the bad injuries it seems Tyrone Mings was the worst and he was out longer.

billythekid - 7/1/2017 18:08

thefiendofkingspark - 7/1/2017 18:02

The Alchemist - 7/1/2017 17:51

With Ake's recall, Tyrone will get his chance to shine over the next few weeks.

Good. The lad needs to be given an opportunity.

Also by our fans.

We have seen how long it is taking Max Gradel and Callum Wilson to get back to the form we know and of all the bad injuries it seems Tyrone Mings was the worst and he was out longer.

Provided he continues to put the effort in then he'll have full support from me.

He didn't do himself any harm with his performance today but it wasn't difficult to stand out if you put just a bit of effort in

Like others I thought he did ok. Composed and comfortable with the ball. But surely I'm not the only one to see him get his stance and feet all messed up a couple of times when someone was looking to turn him. Still hoping to big things, but jury still out

If he had a good game then the highlights don't exactly do him justice. Thought he made a number of poor errors just in those couple of minutes.

No Francis or Ake and according to those who saw the match on here, the only player to come out of yesterday with any credit.

Fingers crossed he can make the step up. Good luck to him, it's been a long road back! I'm very pleased for him at least.

;