Tyrone Mings

We haven't got a difference of opinion - we both want a new ground. All I have said is that the ground won't be a good investment in property terms so the owner will have to stump up cash of his own to subsidise it.

Imagine you and a bricklayer agreed that a new wall needed building. He tells you that you need to use running bond or stretcher bond otherwise the wall will fall down. You are saying "no just stack them on top of each other and don't tell me my opinion is wrong".

Surely those two bonds are the same.
It depends what the wall is being used for.
My fav is the garden wall bond

1544701912898.png

We haven't got a difference of opinion - we both want a new ground. All I have said is that the ground won't be a good investment in property terms so the owner will have to stump up cash of his own to subsidise it.

Imagine you and a bricklayer agreed that a new wall needed building. He tells you that you need to use running bond or stretcher bond otherwise the wall will fall down. You are saying "no just stack them on top of each other and don't tell me my opinion is wrong".
We’ll just have to agree to disagree on the best way forward for our club then

We’ll just have to agree to disagree on the best way forward for our club then

No, we don't disagree on that because we both want the club to build a new ground. I've just explained why it hasn't happened.

Perhaps we'd be better off agreeing that you've never even got close to understanding the point I've been making this whole time and that you'd be better off not accusing me of things I've not said on unrelated threads so we can stop wasting everyone's time.

Or you could use the John Bond: where you wake up one morning to find the wall gone and re-constructed in Norwich.

Or the Kevin Bond where you start in a deep foundation ditch, take ages to get going then slowly start laying courses of bricks until it looks like you're finally going to rise above ground level... then the whole lot collapses in a Carlisle swamp.

I noticed in another thread DJ touched upon this, is Mings too far down the pecking order to have a future with us?

I personally thought he was a dead-cert to start today, he’s been used extremely sparingly all season (not even making the squad for several games). He’s, to my knowledge been fully fit for 90% of the season, injured at wolves and did have concussion for a cup game. He had a great pre season.

So, Is he purely not upto it? Not in Eddies plans? Cant play to Eddie’s style? Too injury prone? his future is elsewhere?.... or...he’s just being told to bide his time?

Last edited:
If Ake is not fit for Wednesday, his future will be determined by whether he is selected in front of Simpson!

I think he is above Simpson in the pecking order. Eddie just seems reluctant to use him. Ake and Cook are two players that haven’t been rested in the league, everyone else I think at some stage has apart from Begovic

A lot of people on the forum know a lot of things....so..does anyone know if Eddie or any of the players read these posts or is it club policy to not do so?...I've often wondered!

Starting Daniels in front of Mings at centre back was totally odd.

It is, if you don’t ponder for second if there are question marks over his fitness.

He spent months on the sidelines with a back injury last season.

Only a week or so ago he injured his back and it looked serious, only for him to be back on the bench days later.

Last season he seemed to have set back after set back as we attempted to understand his injury. Perhaps, we’re hesitant now and today wasn’t worth the risk for 90 minutes?

If it’s not injury/fitness related then, I don’t know where he fits in. He’s not considered as a left back. In a central defensive pairing he is clearly second fiddle to Ake.

Now in a back three, an out of form and out of position Charlie Daniels is preferred.

If Ake is out against Watford and he’s not playing (if fit) then he might as well just pack his bags because he’s never getting a game.

A lot of people on the forum know a lot of things....so..does anyone know if Eddie or any of the players read these posts or is it club policy to not do so?...I've often wondered!

I would imagine some players would read fans forums out of interest and others would think nothing good would come of it. The club would probably advise them not too. They get grief and praise on their own Instagram posts too.

I think you'll find that Neil Daswon is Eddie Howe and the last time I looked, I was Jason Tindall.

Eddie and I base our matchday tactics on much of what you write.

Must dash, at this time of the year, that tan doesn't top itself up you know.

Big fan of mings and would rather him on left of back three. However, maybe that injury at wolves hasnt fully cleared or maybe Eddie didn’t want to waste an early sub when knew legs would be tired in second half?

Big fan of mings and would rather him on left of back three. However, maybe that injury at wolves hasnt fully cleared or maybe Eddie didn’t want to waste an early sub when knew legs would be tired in second half?

I think he’s fully fit, surely a start on Wednesday is on the cards?

Or Daniels started because the potential switch to a back 4 was made a lot easier with a natural (if slowing) left back to move across? I know Mings has played left back but not for a while.

Or Daniels started because the potential switch to a back 4 was made a lot easier with a natural (if slowing) left back to move across? I know Mings has played left back but not for a while.

Mings isn’t recognised as a left back at all anymore, if Brad + Adam Smith , Rico and Daniels have all played there ahead of him it says it all.

;