U21 Hampshire Cup Final

Mo
How does he rate compared to stanislas?
More a 10 IMO, needs really to go on loan and get game time in that position. Travers went to Swindon and done very well according to Swindon fans but then got called back and hasn't played understandably because Begovic has been very good.young players like kilkenny zemura Anthony etc need to go on loan if we get up.flip side they may well get their chance if we don't.certaintly we have probably the best pair of keepers in the league .kilkenny probably gets his chance next year if Wilshire and cook are gone

Quite poignant watching Coops' post match interview on COWS.

We have to bear in mind that a lot of these lads who won those two cup finals will be released at the end of the season, since there is simply no more room for them here. They will face an uncertain future and will have to try to find a club where they can continue their careers.

So even more credit to them for giving their very best, right up to the very last kick of their last cup game. Let's hope they all manage to make a career in football, even if unfortunately it will no longer be with AFCB.

Surely number 9 was offside, impeding the goalkeeper.
It wasn't his fault the goalie chose to stand directly behind him ;)

Seriously though, I think there was enough room for the goalie, especially after he pushed the number 9 out of the way. I doubt many refs would call that a foul on the keeper. The keeper himself certainly didn't complain about it, just frustrated that it went in during the dying minutes of the game by all accounts.

But he in no way went for the ball, he didn't even jump, probably didn't have the time. If he was in no way looking to get involved and was just standing there, he wouldn't be given offside anyway. "Not involved in the play" or however they term it. Impeding the goalie is a stretch, as I mentioned above. He was just standing there.
No protests from the defenders or the keeper either. I haven't got a copy of the rulebook here but I would imagine, as TF says, for a corner different rules must apply, hence the lack of any protests from the Eastleigh players.

I think I've seen plenty of corners which led to goals where attackers were stood in "offside" positions. I think the key is whether or not they make a move towards the ball whilst standing about offside. That's when they become active. In that case, the number 9 did nothing to become active. He was just stood there watching the ball fly into the net :p

Who'd be a referee eh ? For me it's telling that none of the Eastleigh players protested at all and surely with the game poised as it was, they would have tried anything to get the goal ruled out if they thought it was a goer.

The player obstructing the keeper is offside at the point the ball is played, which is the header.
Not sure standing in an offside position in that instance is the offence though ....as i've said you can't be offside from a corner or goal kick.....more than likely Obstruction rather than offside would be the offence wouldn't it?

Not sure standing in an offside position in that instance is the offence though ....as i've said you can't be offside from a corner or goal kick.....more than likely Obstruction rather than offside would be the offence wouldn't it?
He wasn't offside from the corner. He might have (and could have been) offside from the header.

If a keeper takes a goal kick and a forward heads it on, the receiving player CAN be given offside.

I should clarify that I don't think that goal should be disallowed for offside but that it is potentially an offside offence if a player impedes the keeper in that scenario. The guy heading the ball can't be offside but a more advanced player can be judged to be interfering with play.

In situations where:

• a player moving from, or standing in, an offside position is in the way of an opponent and interferes with the movement of the opponent towards the ball this is an offside offence if it impacts on the ability of the opponent to play or challenge for the ball; if the player moves into the way of an opponent and impedes the opponent's progress (e.g blocks the opponent) the offence should be penalised under Law 12

I should clarify that I don't think that goal should be disallowed for offside but that it is potentially an offside offence if a player impedes the keeper in that scenario. The guy heading the ball can't be offside but a more advanced player can be judged to be interfering with play.

In situations where:

• a player moving from, or standing in, an offside position is in the way of an opponent and interferes with the movement of the opponent towards the ball this is an offside offence if it impacts on the ability of the opponent to play or challenge for the ball; if the player moves into the way of an opponent and impedes the opponent's progress (e.g blocks the opponent) the offence should be penalised under Law 12
Yeah i'm kinda getting there!......but if a player obstructs the keeper from the header it doesn't really matter if he's standing in an offside position or not does it?.....it's obstruction surely?

;