VAR

From the BBC:

VAR at Carrow Road - all 4 sides of the ground are singing “Is this football any more?” A fair point very well made!

Agree

And how was the blatant push in the back by Grealish not a pen to Leicester?? Reviewed by the useless tosser at Stockley Park who upheld the non-award

Celtic just won the League Cup with an offside goal, think three players were half a yard off, bet Rangers wished they had VAR up there! But I don't care as I wanted Celtic to win.

Last season, the ref gives the pen. Shearer would then later on say there was contact so he had a right to go down. Others debate and say they can see why it was given even if it was soft. Man Utd get given another advantage on the pitch and we maybe don't get that win.

Like the majority of your post but I think something you miss is that it's used to support bad decisions as well. So the referee might decide something is or isn't a goal and VAR is either not used or simply backs up a bad decision.

So if the referee lets play go on then uses VAR like in the Martial example it's good but there's so many examples like the Sheffield United equaliser where there was a "new rules" handball that wasn't spotted because VAR wasn't used.

Like the majority of your post but I think something you miss is that it's used to support bad decisions as well. So the referee might decide something is or isn't a goal and VAR is either not used or simply backs up a bad decision.

So if the referee lets play go on then uses VAR like in the Martial example it's good but there's so many examples like the Sheffield United equaliser where there was a "new rules" handball that wasn't spotted because VAR wasn't used.

The Sheff Utd equaliser did go to VAR and it wasn't a handball. I can see it wasn't a handball, even with my Cherry tinted specs on.

Only just caught up on the Liverpool game against Watford one goal disallowed by VAR one given by VAR.

Even after they had drawn out the lines I still couldn’t see how Mane’s was disallowed.

Then with Salah have I missed a rule change? Shouldn’t he be offside because whilst he is behind the defender the goalkeeper was in front of him? Not a mention on MOTD?

Only just caught up on the Liverpool game against Watford one goal disallowed by VAR one given by VAR.

Even after they had drawn out the lines I still couldn’t see how Mane’s was disallowed.

Then with Salah have I missed a rule change? Shouldn’t he be offside because whilst he is behind the defender the goalkeeper was in front of him? Not a mention on MOTD?
There was another player on the goal line (not in the goal) which kept him on side... Tbh, I didn't notice the keeper was in front of him and wondered why they even bothered to review it!

There was another player on the goal line (not in the goal) which kept him on side... Tbh, I didn't notice the keeper was in front of him and wondered why they even bothered to review it!

Thank you! Didn’t notice the guy on his knees the other side of the goal on first viewing and then of course they didn’t show him on the tighter angles.

Well as a hater of VAR (and I still am) it corrected a wrong offside decision for us - good - thats what it should do.
However I still cannot believe some of these handball decsions - how on earth was that West Ham goal disallowed yesterday ? There clearly is a different rule for attackers handling compared to defenders.

A defender off the pitch behind the goal line would still be counted as one of the two.

[QUOTE="davygravy, post: 331746,
Bizarre VAR decisions favouring Liverpool .Its been virtually the same every season from 1965 ish onwards...the Refs are scared of the large Scouse crowd ..VAR will make it worse.

Watford and Bournemouth 99% certain to be on sh#t end of decisions at Anfield.

I made a point last year that the reason I was looking forward to VAR was because of the number of incorrect match changing decisions that had gone in favour of top six clubs against us without a single one in the other direction. I was hopeful VAR would level that playing field.

Saturday we got an unequivocal one and, as I've said before, I would also credit the Man Utd win to VAR although I accept that is more subjective.

The implementation has been a mess, the change to the handball rule has confused matters further and negatively impacted VAR and so on and so on but at the very least we've finally started getting some decisions in those matches.

I don't like VAR at all but can't deny it was brilliant to get a win because of it. What made that decision so clear cut was that it only required a single camera to cover the relevant action so that both Jeff and Gosser were in view of it and there could be no dispute as to where they both were at the exact time of the header.
Strangely enough I doubt that anyone at the game would have queried the lino's decision at the time - we all thought that Gosser was yards offside and there was no question of a goal being allowed.

It was a very weird feeling in the ground. There wasn't really an initial "goal" feeling because it only just crossed the line and the flag was up. Then your first thought was that they'd check it. As time went on it became clear it must have been close and given that he'd not given a goal it became more likely it would be given. Then it was. Very weird, very enjoyable. VAR still a terrible thing though.

;