VAR

It just needs to be binned off. As we’ve discussed for years. Human error is all part of football from the referee, lino, managers, coaches and players. It’s all part of it.

We’ve tried to chase a binary outcome for decisions when most of the time it’s down to interpretation anyway.

We’ve lost atmosphere and instant reaction to goals because you don’t know if someone’s shoelace was offside last Tuesday and it’s going to be disallowed.

The handball rule has been altered to accommodate VAR and that’s a complete mess.

Just bin it and let football be football.
Trouble is the first line wasn’t accepted by said players , managers and pundits which is why VAR came in .

They probably wish they hadn’t made a fuss !

Pgmol admin 'unit' are based in the same office at Gloucester Place, London... in the building with the PL. Literally on the sane floor, metres away from the PL staff.

Not saying it woukd be any different if they were based elsewhere and in theory it makes sense as they are working together.

but if you were to put a tinfoil hat on, at the end of the day, money, sponsorship, prestige is a huge part of the PL function/package and protecting that. It wouldn't be the craziest 'conspiracy' to think that there is an overall outlook in ensuring certain clubs remain in the title, top 4 race for as long as possible throughout the season.

Who really cares outside of their small fan bases if we, Luton, Sheffield utd get screwed over, as long as the big guns stay in the title race for as long as possible... ensuring higher interest, viewing figures on sky for the big clubs.ensures sponsorship, sky deals keep going up and up... therefore a job well done by the PL.

Perhaps a more distant, third party organisation needs to be in charge of officiating the league, but that would never happen. Guess that means I'm in agreement with @JIMNNINA . VAR isn't the issue, it's the people in charge of officiating. As long as the current people and sycophants are at the helm, there's not much hope of change in regards to officiating matches impartiality.

Last edited:
Pgmol admin 'unit' are based in the same office at Gloucester Place, London... in the building with the PL. Literally on the sane floor, metres away from the PL staff.

Not saying it woukd be any different if they were based elsewhere and in theory it makes sense as they are working together.

but if you were to put a tinfoil hat on, at the end of the day, money, sponsorship, prestige is a huge part of the PL function/package and protecting that. It wouldn't be the craziest 'conspiracy' to think that there is an overall outlook in ensuring certain clubs remain in the title, top 4 race for as long as possible throughout the season.

Who really cares outside of their small fan bases if we, Luton, Sheffield utd get screwed over, as long as the big guns stay in the title race for as long as possible... ensuring higher interest, viewing figures on sky for the big clubs.ensures sponsorship, sky deals keep going up and up... therefore a job well done by the PL.

Perhaps a more distant, third party organisation needs to be in charge of officiating the league, but that would never happen.
Didn't know that. It would allow for all sorts of coincidental meetings between PL and PGMOL officials in lobby areas, any shared kitchens / gents etc, car park if there is one and so on. All off the record.

Better fetch my tinfoil hat as well :D

Didn't know that. It would allow for all sorts of coincidental meetings between PL and PGMOL officials in lobby areas, any shared kitchens / gents etc, car park if there is one and so on. All off the record.

Yeah unless things have changed in recent years.

I was involved with the PL for a year or so on behalf of a 3rd party and was onsite for a couple of days each week.

Ironically thst was when I gave up my 20 year season ticket ownership due to working many weekends. Same year we reached the championship under howe. Thought I'd get bsck on-board no issues, but due to our unprecedented success...

It was the same point Scudamore was under scrutiny for sending inappropriate emails about women who worked there.

As for meetings in toilets. Could well happen... Best I've come across in the workplace. Moulton brown range at tge sinks... very swanky :D

We don’t even ever get the clear catharsis of a senior official making a fuss of any decision that goes against us. The vast majority of the time, when they do those stupid bullshit league tables of “who’s benefited most” from incompetent VARs, we’re shown to have benefited. Purely because the fuckers don’t even mention ANY of the wrong decisions that go against us.

We don’t get VAR checks lol. I’m actually struggling to think of the last time VAR checked over any of our penalty incidents. They just hand wave them away. A Brentford player literally slapped the ball away in the box in the last minute of our game, denying us a win. No check. I can definitely imagine them not checking it to not get “any grief”. Diddums. Literally last week, Solanke fouled in the box. No check.

Howard webb has been brought in to sort it out.
He has had nothing to say on the liverpool diving or the red card being overturned.....
It needs to be manned by European referees who have no relationships with current Premier League referees. And if it is too expensive to fly them over and accommodate them here the whole thing can be run from a warehouse near a German airport.
It needs people from outside to come in and rock the boat, otherwise it's the same old hierarchy. Howard Webb is and was part of all this. Nothing will change.

It needs to be manned by European referees who have no relationships with current Premier League referees. And if it is too expensive to fly them over and accommodate them here the whole thing can be run from a warehouse near a German airport.
There’s an old bunker in Berlin not been used for a while ….

Available soon in the club shop …..
IMG_8670.jpeg

Just think- if Swansea gets to full time with neither side winning next Tuesday, AFCB are sure to be getting a penalty, and there's not a damn thing PGMOL can do about it. So stick that where the sun don't shine Mr VAR! Ha-ha-ha!

If this doesn't dispell the notion that officials are neutral this has to be it.
Bias is rife in the game(whether intentional or not).
I almost always listen to Solent and it's amazing how many times Willo says the ref has made a ricket ,reviewed it half time ,and then goes on to give the wronged side as many decisions as he can.I'm sure this occurred (as many have alluded to) in last weeks match...too quick to award a pen and then too quick to hand out a red.

If this doesn't dispell the notion that officials are neutral this has to be it.
Bias is rife in the game(whether intentional or not).
I almost always listen to Solent and it's amazing how many times Willo says the ref has made a ricket ,reviewed it half time ,and then goes on to give the wronged side as many decisions as he can.I'm sure this occurred (as many have alluded to) in last weeks match...too quick to award a pen and then too quick to hand out a red.
It’s particularly suspicious when the disadvantageous decision the other way comes after the halftime break, when somebody has had a word in their shell-like that they’ve just dropped an absolute rickett which was obvious for the whole world to see. It does seem to happen more often than probability would suggest. It’s just a shame that we didn’t have a decent penalty appeal just after halftime. We might have actually been given one for a change !

My hope from VAR was levelling up a playing field that always seems to favour the bigger teams with the big name players. There always seemed to be much familiarity with certain players and certain referees. The Rooney shaking hands with the ref as he walked off the pitch at DC a few years ago. Unbelievably the ref shook his hand instead of ushering him off the pitch. Moments like that are head shakers . I've always believed that officials are 'benr' and have favourite teams and players and hopes that VAR would not only sort out any bias but also highlight those officials who are substandard. It hasn't. Infact its almost worse as decisions that are glaringly obvious are missed or ignored and bigger teams are seemingly given the majority of decisions. It's a shambles but only because of the idiots in charge of it and our football

My hope from VAR was levelling up a playing field that always seems to favour the bigger teams with the big name players. There always seemed to be much familiarity with certain players and certain referees. The Rooney shaking hands with the ref as he walked off the pitch at DC a few years ago. Unbelievably the ref shook his hand instead of ushering him off the pitch. Moments like that are head shakers . I've always believed that officials are 'benr' and have favourite teams and players and hopes that VAR would not only sort out any bias but also highlight those officials who are substandard. It hasn't. Infact its almost worse as decisions that are glaringly obvious are missed or ignored and bigger teams are seemingly given the majority of decisions. It's a shambles but only because of the idiots in charge of it and our football
Don’t a lot of players shake hands with refs after the game ? As for the refs all being bent well surely they can’t all be Brighton fans ?

;