VAR

In this case there were 2 big teams involved so rather than bias against one or another more a case of bad officiating and being unprofessional in the job .

My hope from VAR was levelling up a playing field that always seems to favour the bigger teams with the big name players. There always seemed to be much familiarity with certain players and certain referees. The Rooney shaking hands with the ref as he walked off the pitch at DC a few years ago. Unbelievably the ref shook his hand instead of ushering him off the pitch. Moments like that are head shakers . I've always believed that officials are 'benr' and have favourite teams and players and hopes that VAR would not only sort out any bias but also highlight those officials who are substandard. It hasn't. Infact its almost worse as decisions that are glaringly obvious are missed or ignored and bigger teams are seemingly given the majority of decisions. It's a shambles but only because of the idiots in charge of it and our football
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Don’t a lot of players shake hands with refs after the game ? As for the refs all being bent well surely they can’t all be Brighton fans ?
Yes but not during the game when they've just seen they're being subbed and instead of walking off th pitch walking over to the ref to shake hands. The ref unbelievably obliged.

My hope from VAR was levelling up a playing field that always seems to favour the bigger teams with the big name players. There always seemed to be much familiarity with certain players and certain referees. The Rooney shaking hands with the ref as he walked off the pitch at DC a few years ago. Unbelievably the ref shook his hand instead of ushering him off the pitch. Moments like that are head shakers . I've always believed that officials are 'benr' and have favourite teams and players and hopes that VAR would not only sort out any bias but also highlight those officials who are substandard. It hasn't. Infact its almost worse as decisions that are glaringly obvious are missed or ignored and bigger teams are seemingly given the majority of decisions. It's a shambles but only because of the idiots in charge of it and our football
Sadly, you, like me, are just far too naive. VAR like FFP is there for one reason and one reason only. I’m expecting many laughable decisions this Saturday, not even questioned by VAR or radio and telly pundits. The penalty decision at Anfield last week was described as ‘ he’s done well there’ where as ours involving Solanke wasn’t even mentioned let alone reviewed on TV or radio

Sadly, you, like me, are just far too naive. VAR like FFP is there for one reason and one reason only. I’m expecting many laughable decisions this Saturday, not even questioned by VAR or radio and telly pundits. The penalty decision at Anfield last week was described as ‘ he’s done well there’ where as ours involving Solanke wasn’t even mentioned let alone reviewed on TV or radio
Alas , I fear you are correct

Tbf a lot of non Liverpool supporting pundits said it wasn’t a penalty but yes the red card got more reaction.

And VAR does get a kicking most weeks albeit from the same people who wanted it in!

Tbf a lot of non Liverpool supporting pundits said it wasn’t a penalty but yes the red card got more reaction.

And VAR does get a kicking most weeks albeit from the same people who wanted it in!
I wasn’t questioning the red card, although that was another ridiculous decision, I doubt that it was even a foul when I played. The ref probably watches the incidents on tv at half time and try’s to rectify his mistakes in the second half, not for fair play, just so he gets a game the following week

So, in reverse order since yesterday- an Offside Akanji clearly in the line of fire skips out of the way for Nathan’s goal - goal given; a blatant foul by Onana in the dying seconds of ManUre v. Wolves- no penalty given; a clearly offside St Harry of Kane clearly in the line of fire for Danjuma’s shot v. us last season- goal given. Is it really too much to suggest there’s some big-team bias going on here, whether on the pitch or in the VAR room?

The PL is bent generally and VAR is part of that now along with Sky.....and all towards the elite clubs.
Just stop paying to watch it. End of. Fullstop

Go to non - league games.

Basically the same happened in Scotland .

Ref guesed something would or wouldn’t happen but got it wrong and a side were denied a point which might be all important.

Fulham fans really not happy with VAR - saying teams should walk off and refuse to play etc after decisions go against them.

https://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?topic=91562.20

All very noble and well meaning but what about when a decision does go their way ( I know Haaland admitted the goal should have been ruled out but usually clubs don’t care )?

We had a great referee yesterday! Aarons got booked for challenging the ref when he was taken out and no yellow, Neto for time wasting, fair enough, because the ref was ignoring the dives against us. Every team knows that when you play against Bournemouth and you feel any sort of contact go down and you get a free kick or penalty, well done ref for treating Bournemouth like every other team. Teams normally get awarded fee kicks for fouling Dom, not yesterday, well done ref again.

Some VAR decisions are disgusting and stink of corruption and cheating. West Ham's goal that was the most blatant handball you could imagine (last season away). Jeff being punched in the face and getting his nose broken in the Palace box. Last week's leg breaker scissor challenge with follow up kick on Semenyo that wasn't even a free kick. Last season it was every week with us.

I would love Fulham to walk off the pitch, or any team to do it, if they feel they have been cheated out of any chance of getting a result. It would shake things up and perhaps make officials have to answer questions as to how on earth some decisions are made when the whole world can see they are incorrect.

I wanted VAR because I was under the mistaken impression that it would be used fairly and objectively to intervene, particularly when gutless refs who seem to be intimidated by big home crowds, just give all the big decisions to the home side regardless!

However, sadly it seems that VAR is sometimes being misused, particularly against a so called small team such as us, as the ref on the pitch and the ref in charge of VAR could well have their roles reversed the following week!

In addition, as a so called small team, we are obviously not welcome in a league for so called big clubs, where cash is king!

We had a great referee yesterday! Aarons got booked for challenging the ref when he was taken out and no yellow, Neto for time wasting, fair enough, because the ref was ignoring the dives against us. Every team knows that when you play against Bournemouth and you feel any sort of contact go down and you get a free kick or penalty, well done ref for treating Bournemouth like every other team. Teams normally get awarded fee kicks for fouling Dom, not yesterday, well done ref again.

Some VAR decisions are disgusting and stink of corruption and cheating. West Ham's goal that was the most blatant handball you could imagine (last season away). Jeff being punched in the face and getting his nose broken in the Palace box. Last week's leg breaker scissor challenge with follow up kick on Semenyo that wasn't even a free kick. Last season it was every week with us.

I would love Fulham to walk off the pitch, or any team to do it, if they feel they have been cheated out of any chance of getting a result. It would shake things up and perhaps make officials have to answer questions as to how on earth some decisions are made when the whole world can see they are incorrect.
West Ham seem to have gotten away with a blatant hand ball in their own penalty area against Luton on friday.

Another VAR decision going against a so called small club shocker!

West Ham seem to have gotten away with a blatant hand ball in their own penalty area against Luton on friday.

Another VAR decision going against a so called small club shocker!
And not much said about it either compared to had it been in a big team clash .

EDIT: On MOTD they said no penalty in their eyes but would’ve not been shocked had it been given which kind of sums up the problem.

It’s a lottery .

No doubt something will happen in the Arsenal v Man U and be talk in the media all week .

Last edited:
wonder if they could do something a mate suggested recently. blank out players, so just say red atttack silouettes, blue for defense, all the time.

totally generic builds, no hair style visible so can;t work out who's who.

something, anything that removes any possible bias, influence on decisions.

or like I said last week, have 3 var officials kept separate. have to vote on decision within 1 min or however long.

That Luton penalty shout certainly fell into "see em given" territory. I dont like them but we've certainly had those given against us!

Would have been interesting in an alternative world, if it had been West Ham needing the equaliser from the late corner and Luton defending, whether the same decison would receive the same outcome...

;