VAR

DJ - 14/11/2013 16:42

USCherry - 14/11/2013 21:21

Forza Rossoneri! - 14/11/2013 15:30
There is one other area where I'd like to see video evidence used, though, and that is retrospectively to ban players who cheat, specifically by diving. A three match ban would soon sort this out.

but would this have to be at every level of the game ;)

:grin: As it would be just a change in the administration of the game rather than changing the laws of the 90 minutes on the pitch, no it wouldn't have to be at every level.

It was a cheap shot. Didn't mean it really.

I can tell you 100% definitely it wasn't over the line from where I sit.

However, since I sit about 1500 miles away through the filter of AFCB specs I wouldn't listen to anything I have to say about it.

Am I the only one that thinks this is ridiculous? How is the commentator confused?

Hit the post - didn't go over
Hit the keeper - went over

Simple.

Jonathan Pearce is a complete tool and needs to learn the rules.

Blatantly obvious to us here what it was showing and the technology worked perfectly.

I think Pearce was reacting to what they - he and the crowd - were seeing on the stadium screens, and not on TV

Some of the crowd seemed confused, there were different reactions to the two elements being judged and of course they see incidents only once.

That aside, I don't rate Pearce

Oh dear... How did the commentator not realise the ball was rolling around outside the net? Made it worse, by continually saying 'I thought it was in' - get back to Robot Wars, Pearce!

both the beeb and itv commentary teams and pundits are even worse than the england footie team

i'd struggle to class them as even third rate

Stuart Pearce has been providing a wider overview on various TalkSport shows and he's been very interesting.

Seedorf usually talks sense but I've not caught him so far this time around, Henry has been OK, and, to my surprise, Ferdinand was far more grown up than I expected.

But the actual TV commentary teams have been disappointing, as usual, and the radio commentators are definitely better.

A good radio commentator can make you feel as if you are at the match and picture it, whereas on TV we can see for ourselves and if so inclined put the mute button on.

Henry was funny at half time there. Saying to Savage, "The ironic thing is Robbie is asking for a red card." Then proceeded to make Savage look more classless than usual.

afcdibby - 15/6/2014 22:23

Without that technology, I don't think that goal would have been given.

They could not have given it without the technology really. You have to be sure it crossed the line to give the goal and there is no way they could have been.

Would still be interesting to hear from the ref as to what he would have done without the technology.

;