W*tford vs 'Muff: The Dirtiest Team?

Once a football match is Over...the venom and hatred should stop right there:
There was a Referee and Rules. Then a Result. If your team, whether it be Watford or Boscombe or Falkirk or Mangotsfield or Spurs or Estudiantes or Hamworthy Rec or blinkin Atletico McDrid...it doesn't matter a bugger..the games over and you can't change what happened....
If your some twerp in Bushey or Tazakstan carping about your Hornets getting Zero Pwa down in the Piney Chines...then that carp or any venomous output should be directed at your club strikers...only they could have changed things ...and made you happy. That 95 to 100 minutes was All. Its Gawn Dawn ...its Finito Benito !

This. Last season we had 2 ridiculously unfair incidents go against us and effectively relegate us (the Burnley game and the Sheff U goal line technology farce). But most of us on here accepted that we were simply not good enough over the course of the season to deserve to stay up.

Watford only had themselves to blame, and the better team won. If their players had focused on their own game they could have got a point. Instead they allowed themselves to get drawn into the gamesmanship. Quelle dommage. Move on.

I take it as a compliment that Watford put a special note in their gameplan to target Lerma.

They have the quality and the form to come into that game Saturday fully focused on their own game, their own danger men, and how they could get at our defence. Not to care about our under performing players.

I think they compromised themselves, and did us a favour.

Was similar to the spurs game where Son got himself sent off after handbags with Jeff.
I understand people not wanting us to resort to tactics like these, but the reality is so many teams do it to us, if you want to survive you have to do it back.
Who likes time wasting, and holding the ball in the corner for 5 minutes, but if we didn't do it to, how many points would we lose.

Was similar to the spurs game where Son got himself sent off after handbags with Jeff.
I understand people not wanting us to resort to tactics like these, but the reality is so many teams do it to us, if you want to survive you have to do it back.
Who likes time wasting, and holding the ball in the corner for 5 minutes, but if we didn't do it to, how many points would we lose.
Not only that but the opposition players are their own worst enemies in these types of situations. They get frustrated with us, that leads to a niggly foul, that leads to another free kick to us, that leads to more time wasting, that leads to more frustration for them followed by further silly kicks and digs at us.

Players would be far better served to just accept that towards the end of the game, all teams try to do this if it is to their advantage. Once they accept that, they will no longer get riled by it and will be able to see out the game in a more professional manner, which will almost certainly improve their chances of getting a positive result at the end of it.

I think our players tend to stay pretty cool and professional when other teams are running down the clock against us. I think that is the only thing to do, anything else is simply counterproductive.

Nobody forced the Watford players to totally lose it. They could have dealt with the situation differently but fortunately for us they did not !

:utc:

;