What will you miss most ?

Bitzer

Star Player
Apart from Newcastle City Centre, I can't think of a single thing that I will miss about the Premier League. Anyone else have anything to add ?

VAR errrm wait...
plastic fans errrrm wait....
uniformed journalists errrrm....
aspiring to finish 17th ever......
players who don’t give a sh......
nope, I’m stumped. It’s more about what I’ve missed about supporting a football league team over the last 5 years. The sad truth is that unless you have a gazillionaire owner, there is little point in you being in this league

Great point zzzzzzz

It's the financial implications of relegation.

Well have to lose half the team to pay DEMIN off.

Then we have 6 players of a young age we might keep on high wages.

Putting a team together that can compete will need 50 million of new investment.

Not easy for teams who go down at all.

The odd big win against a top side and (short term) financial stability. Not a lot else.

What I won't miss:

- Not being able to watch a home game
- VAR
- Games where it's just damage limitation
- The constant obsession with the top 4 or 5 teams
- Overpaid, bang average players
- VAR
- This new style of play we've adopted
- Match of the day and its lazy, ill informed panel
- Boring cliches that aren't true e.g. "Bournemouth play good football"
- Sterile atmospheres when little Bournemouth come to town at any big club
- VAR
- Lack of games, yet an obsession with squad rotation
- Constant speculation on where which players are going to United / Liverpool after 2 good games
- Picking AFCB players in Fantasy Football in some sort of blind hope/faith
- Weird kick off times

It's been a great ride and was nice to get some limelight, but I genuinely will not miss the Premier League.

Last edited:
If I could be sure that relegation was not going to so bad for us financially that it could be game over for us... (did I read somewhere that 95% of our income goes on wages..?) I would miss nothing about the PL.

Guarantee me that and I'll welcome the Championship... We shot through that league far too quick... Be nice rekindle our relationship with the biscuitmen

But is financial stability really financial stability if you are constantly on the verge of oblivion every year due to the threat of relegation? (Im not saying that we are, I don’t know either way, but hypothetically)

To put a bit of balance into this.
I will miss seeing the team I have supported for 54 years plying their trade against some of the best teams in the world.
I will miss seeing us beat those best teams in the world.
I will miss seeing world class players on a weekly basis.
I will miss away trips to real football cities like Newcastle, Liverpool, Manchester.
I will miss the opportunity to beat the scummers.
Apart from that I will look forward to life in the Championship and whatever else follows.
It has been a great ride, never expected it, loved the experience, would I like to do it again - hell yes.

First season in prem was brilliant followed by a superb 16/17 season but since then it has steadily worsened and I have grown more and more frustrated by life in the premier league with an inadequate ground.

The real worry though is that financial meltdown threatens the existence of the club. We could become like Bury; so, plenty to miss it that happened!

There will be plenty of things to miss: I will miss some fantastic players like Ake; I will miss the fact that my two children (who are now young adults) have the national media coverage to stay in contact with club events despite living away from the town. I will miss the topps and panini trade cards that I always wanted as a youngster and have enjoyed getting with my son over the last 5 years. Above all, I will be sad that Eddie is likely not to be with us. He has been a special presence at the club and will be missed for all his qualities. Even under great pressure, he remains dignified and a likeable man.

To put a bit of balance into this.
I will miss seeing the team I have supported for 54 years plying their trade against some of the best teams in the world.
I will miss seeing us beat those best teams in the world.
I will miss seeing world class players on a weekly basis.
I will miss away trips to real football cities like Newcastle, Liverpool, Manchester.
I will miss the opportunity to beat the scummers.
Apart from that I will look forward to life in the Championship and whatever else follows.
It has been a great ride, never expected it, loved the experience, would I like to do it again - hell yes.

I do think the PL experience is a lot richer for those lucky enough to have season tickets. I would have loved to have seen us beat United, Liverpool and Chelsea at home and to have seen the likes of De Bruyne, Salah etc. ply their trade at Dean Court. While I've had some fun away trips (Chelsea in particular), they are mostly quite sterile trips to the likes of Anfield, Emirates and Old Trafford with no real atmosphere. Watching us play on TV just isn't the same and means you have to listen to endless obsession with the "bigger" team from the commentators, even when we win.

I do think the PL experience is a lot richer for those lucky enough to have season tickets. I would have loved to have seen us beat United, Liverpool and Chelsea at home and to have seen the likes of De Bruyne, Salah etc. ply their trade at Dean Court. While I've had some fun away trips (Chelsea in particular), they are mostly quite sterile trips to the likes of Anfield, Emirates and Old Trafford with no real atmosphere. Watching us play on TV just isn't the same and means you have to listen to endless obsession with the "bigger" team from the commentators, even when we win.
Sure, I take your point re watching on TV and I admit I don't know your circumstances so this isn't a criticism of you, but season tickets were freely available all through the Championship winning season. The club even did half season tickets from the xmas on and still didn't sell them out. It wasn't hard for regular supporters to get an ST even in that promotion season.
So much of the pleasure for me has been the away trips - not just the games. The pubs, the cities, banter with the home fans, making a w/end of it etc.

Reading some posts, actually I will miss the PL and most of the things people have mentioned above... maybe I was trying to kid myself into thinking I wouldn't... The stats dictate that our time was up in the next couple of seasons anyhow, I just hoped it would end in a slightly better way than it is seeming to do so...

Newcastle away is probably the only game I'll miss, and I'll be annoyed that I'll still have not seen Bournemouth play at Goodison Pk...

But... I will (pending relelgation) look forward to being able to win 'every' game in the championship banish the term 'free hit'...

I’ve never really been bothered about seeing great players from rival teams. It was not a lot of fun watching us get trounced at the Etihad. Great pubs and lovely towns can be found in any division. While we were riding high in the championship, the big club boys at the pub asked me how excited I was to see “little” Bournemouth getting to the premier league. I said I’d like 4 or 5 seasons just to say we’d done it but the appeal wasn’t that great.
I suppose I should be happy.

;