Votes: 25 27.2%
  • Artur Boruc

Votes: 47 51.1%
  • Asmir Begovic

Votes: 7 7.6%
  • Mark Travers

Votes: 13 14.1%

• Total voters
Must admit, when I saw Heaton fee agreed, I was a little disappointed. Good fee for him. Would have been ideal to have while the two young keepers continue to gain experience.
Bearing in mind the EFL starts this weekend, would they not already have their keepers in place, if we wanted to send Travers out on loan?

No he played in the friendlies a couple of weeks ago, but without any interest in him we won't sign in that position hence us missing out on Heaton, which is a shame as he's a perfect ten

...to be fair we will have Boruc, Begovic, Travers and Ramsdale...and if I was Eddie I would rotate them for league and cup games. The important thing is having a good defence and defensive cover from midfield, which I think we have improved on for the new season IMO. We have a couple of taller guys now with Billing and Kelly so at least we will defend corners and set pieces better hopefully?

...to be fair we will have Boruc, Begovic, Travers and Ramsdale...and if I was Eddie I would rotate them for league and cup games. The important thing is having a good defence and defensive cover from midfield, which I think we have improved on for the new season IMO. We have a couple of taller guys now with Billing and Kelly so at least we will defend corners and set pieces better hopefully?
I agree we have better cover in defence which should hopefully add competition in those positions. However, the one thing we did do well last season defensively was defend set pieces. Hopefully these new players understand their roles defending set pieces as well as last season’s players

I agree we have better cover in defence which should hopefully add competition in those positions. However, the one thing we did do well last season defensively was defend set pieces. Hopefully these new players understand their roles defending set pieces as well as last season’s players

Its amazing how often a player is left on his own at the far post for a free header.

It’s all about partnerships. So with S Cook out our starting CB partnership might likely be that which started the brentford match. So does that also mean Travers is first choice?

It’s all about partnerships. So with S Cook out our starting CB partnership might likely be that which started the brentford match. So does that also mean Travers is first choice?
I think the friendlies will include the likelihood partnerships which will line up v Sheffield Utd but not necessarily all together in the same friendly.

So for example, Mepham and Aké might line up against Lazio, but if Rico and Fraser line up against Lyon, there’s a good chance that will be our combination down the left.

Travers not ready, has had a few shaky moments, and that's fine for him to have those moments, but I'd rather be had them whilst playing for Yeovil on loan

I get the impression Eddie is happy with our goalkeeping situation bearing in mind we're about to make our 4th signing and it's not a gk. So in that case whoever starts in goal against Sheffield United I'll be happy

Heaton gone to Villa says SSN - £9mn.

Looks like they may have found his replacement

SSN

Burnley have made an enquiry about Leeds goalkeeper Bailey Peacock-Farrell.

Tom Heaton is on the verge of joining Aston Villa and it’s believed Burnley have made an offer for the Northern Ireland international, who played 29 times for Leeds last season

I think the friendlies will include the likelihood partnerships which will line up v Sheffield Utd but not necessarily all together in the same friendly.

So for example, Mepham and Aké might line up against Lazio, but if Rico and Fraser line up against Lyon, there’s a good chance that will be our combination down the left.
Agreed. I saw possible first 11 partnerships but not all in the same friendly

;