Why are we not progressing?

6. Inability to perform well in the transfer market and in doing so not attracting great buys (lets face it we are a small club with a small capacity ground), and attracting some absolute shockers.
Don't need to waste too much time in thinking of Tubbs, Rantie, Iturbie (?correct spelling), Atsu, Afobe,Gradel, Ibe ..... now possibly So Lanky and Billing. For a club with a limited budget this has been a shocking waste of money.

Not a bad post but this was twaddle, sorry. As we have discussed elsewhere, I believe we have more plusses than negatives with transfers. Tubbs was a daft one to list here! Atsu hardly played due to injury, not sure he cost anything anyway? Afobe was a success at first and helped to keep us up. Gradel *could* have been a success if not for that injury.

So much to agree with in this. The rocket of goodwill that carried the Cherries up through the divisions has sputtered and died. Money and self-interest are talking now. I absolutely agree, looking at things as they are now, that we will regret not building a bigger stadium. If we go down after everything - we will still look like a lower league club.

So much to agree with in this. The rocket of goodwill that carried the Cherries up through the divisions has sputtered and died. Money and self-interest are talking now. I absolutely agree, looking at things as they are now, that we will regret not building a bigger stadium. If we go down after everything - we will still look like a lower league club.
We would have the smallest ground in the championship. So the smallest income I presume.

...progressing from what exactly... a bankrupted club with -17 points on the board and 14 players?

...come on we are getting a bit over sensitive to what is a poor run of form in the great scheme of things!

One note. I don’t understand the folks saying Fraser and Wilson aren’t trying because they want to move onn

I would imagine no one is hurting more than those two players. They were on the radar of big clubs. Now no one will want them.

One note. I don’t understand the folks saying Fraser and Wilson aren’t trying because they want to move onn

I would imagine no one is hurting more than those two players. They were on the radar of big clubs. Now no one will want them.
I'm sure Callum's 100k a week will sweeten the blow

This. We hit home runs with brooks and Lerma. Beyond that they have no just been disappointments but colossal fails.

I mean this is getting all a bit boring, it’s been debated over multiple threads. But Nathan Ake has been a colossal fail has he? Aaron Ramsdale... not all transfers will be a success, but just because some haven’t worked out or won’t work out immediately doesn’t mean they should all be written off.

It’s odd when you think two seasons ago we recovered more points from losing positions than any other team in the league - a real edge of team spirit and determination to go with our footballing style - we continued that togetherness for the first few months last season then it all went completely wrong from January onwards ....
What has changed that much ?
Complacency within the team setting in ?
A sudden “ billy big bolacks” attitude coming into it ?
Something has gone wrong somewhere , beyond just injuries...

It’s odd when you think two seasons ago we recovered more points from losing positions than any other team in the league - a real edge of team spirit and determination to go with our footballing style - we continued that togetherness for the first few months last season then it all went completely wrong from January onwards ....
What has changed that much ?
Complacency within the team setting in ?
A sudden “ billy big bolacks” attitude coming into it ?
Something has gone wrong somewhere , beyond just injuries...
On top of this, I thought there was a time a few seasons back when we scored late goals with some kind of regularity, if that’s the right way to put it.( I may have got that wrong)

You'd turn it down right?
No one would.

But in any job, usually the highest paid is the most important and most respected and their expected to deliver, something he’s clearly not doing now therefore fingers must be pointed.

Arguably the most frustrating because on his day he is an unbelievable player

I mean this is getting all a bit boring, it’s been debated over multiple threads. But Nathan Ake has been a colossal fail has he? Aaron Ramsdale... not all transfers will be a success, but just because some haven’t worked out or won’t work out immediately doesn’t mean they should all be written off.

Wait what’s your timeline here. I mean how far back do you want to go to prove your point.

Wait what’s your timeline here. I mean how far back do you want to go to prove your point.

So when discussing transfers anything longer than 2 years is now irrelevant, even when discussing teenagers?!

Don’t worry about a club like us buying young players to develop. Or a long term plan to rebuild a squad with a younger average age with hopefully higher resale values. Just don’t worry about a long term vision for anything so that we have a stronger squad for years to come?

I can see as you’re so dismissive over this idea that there is little else to discuss.

So when discussing transfers anything longer than 2 years is now irrelevant, even when discussing teenagers?!

Don’t worry about a club like us buying young players to develop. Or a long term plan to rebuild a squad with a younger average age with hopefully higher resale values. Just don’t worry about a long term vision for anything so that we have a stronger squad for years to come?

I can see as you’re so dismissive over this idea that there is little else to discuss.

I’ll be honest I’m not following your thoughts on my original post

;