Why no Nonny Red Army?

Should the home crowd be relying on a man who has been dead for 3 years for a spark in inspiration and atmosphere or should they perhaps consider being creative by themselves and produce some noise without him in the future.

Should the home crowd be relying on a man who has been dead for 3 years for a spark in inspiration and atmosphere or should they perhaps consider being creative by themselves and produce some noise without him in the future.
Well it makes me feel warm inside when we do it, memories of a bloke who is so much part of our culture and what makes us special. He’d never have stood out at a Man U but he stood out in our smaller away followings and little stands.

The answer to your question though is we should do both, but one often inspires the other. More than the ‘Sandman’ and trying to copy a college football team anyway:

just a thought, possibly the powers to be considered that singing about an army was inappropriate after just having a minutes silence for the people suffering in the middle east. not saying in i agree with the decision but that may have been the thinking.
They were quite happy for us to sing red army straight after the silence for Russia/Ukraine invasion and one of those sides used to actually have a red army! I take your point that they may have reconsidered it, but think it’s more likely they just forgot to play it.

Anyway, I was stood up waiting for Nonny’s red army right up until kick off (as I normally do) and the person behind me tapped me on my shoulder and asked me to sit down! (KO hadn’t happened so she wasn’t missing anything). Even other fans are making it difficult to get a good atmosphere going!

Last edited:
I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion that the club doesn't really give a toss about anything but money.
That's all club cared about in 90's and 2000's, they phucked it up twice to the point of liquidation barely 10 years apart, we didn't spent anything back then and sold every decent player we had, doesn't add up, only difference is we didn't get 110m a year income back then.

We are where we are now because Eddie and Max prioritized the club above money but it's a rarity.

We have definitely entered into an era where supporters are no longer a priority. I’m sure that if Foley could, he would have a 30,000 all corporate stadium.

Lol, tbf I expect most owners would. That's a very significant amount of money when yiu consider a box costs around 60k a season... 12 people per box.

;