Why no Nonny Red Army?

Graceless would seem to be apt more generally given the way in which our club is behaving towards its loyal fan base.

Loyal fan base ? You mean like them old 'uns who like to carry an umbrella on a rainy day ?

Too old, too uncool, too...downmarket

As Jim said, we've all got way too comfortable. Too set in our antiquated ways. And all that is gonna change, watch out !

We have definitely entered into an era where supporters are no longer a priority. I’m sure that if Foley could, he would have a 30,000 all corporate stadium.
As would I. Having a 30k stadium makes it easier to keep all fans happy surely? I’m not sure I get this anti American/Foley stance we all keep hearing. He’s trying new things and inevitably will adapt till he gets things right. That’s his model

As would I. Having a 30k stadium makes it easier to keep all fans happy surely? I’m not sure I get this anti American/Foley stance we all keep hearing. He’s trying new things and inevitably will adapt till he gets things right. That’s his model

You'd like a 30,000 all corporate stadium ? Really ?

Apparently Shaun Teale was a guest of the club yesterday....no sign of him....sure he would of got a great reception

What a player he was. Plus he had a moustache. Career started going downhill once he shaved it off ;)

I don't think we need/should be announcing opposition staff, regardless tbh. Would make us even more tinpot imo...

Loyal fan base ? You mean like them old 'uns who like to carry an umbrella on a rainy day ?

Too old, too uncool, too...downmarket

As Jim said, we've all got way too comfortable. Too set in our antiquated ways. And all that is gonna change, watch out !
Starting with no new season tickets ! Day tickets only........

I'm not sure I want any part of the brave new dawn.

But I'm going to hang around like a bad smell at AFCB just to piss off the new regime.

TBH the idea of some good old grass roots football is appealing right now.

Shame Ham United went tits up as I've always had a soft spot for them ever since I was their groundsperson in the late 70's.

Maybe the Magpies?

I'm not sure I want any part of the brave new dawn.

But I'm going to hang around like a bad smell at AFCB just to piss off the new regime.

TBH the idea of some good old grass roots football is appealing right now.

Shame Ham United went tits up as I've always had a soft spot for them ever since I was their groundsperson in the late 70's.

Maybe the Magpies?

Yeah, must admit grass roots football is certainly becoming more appealing the older I get. Bit like moving into the countryside.

My mate has moved to Shaftsbury and enjoys watch Pitman at Shaftsbury this season.

Whole thing sounds quite funny actually. You can hear the banter amongst players, fans etc as only about 200 people there. Which has potential for amusing incidents. Apparently an old chap was wrestled out earlier for p1ssing off people too much with his comments... sounds a bit like @New Old Cherry incident at a Cornish non league game a while back :D

Another bloke I know has started attending Farnborough games this season and sponsors them at some level. He said its funny as fans sing, but something ramshackle/'tinpot' about 30 fans singing, including expletives.

Like I say does sound quite amusing/entertaining, to my warped sense of humour anyway! :D

The nature of fans shouting stuff out, banter, potential for people embarrassing themselves at such a low level game holds potential imo for some great value entertainment. Not particularly interested in the football itself tbh, but still...

Tinpot till I die!

Last edited:
I was lucky enough to get a Friday Return ticket for yesterday's game, otherwise I would have been heading off to see Worthing take on table-topping Yeovil.

Doesn't seem like yesterday when we were playing Yeovil ourselves, does it ?

Crowd of over 1800 there, apparently.

just a thought, possibly the powers to be considered that singing about an army was inappropriate after just having a minutes silence for the people suffering in the middle east. not saying in i agree with the decision but that may have been the thinking.
This was the reason.

;