Why not Dyche?

Think we should be planning for next season in the championship, ( 20 odd points - no chance ) Bill can spent his extra 20m on the right manager and backroom staff, most of our squad will be fine next season, then start getting a squad that can at least compete in the prem.

Maybe that would be for the best. Gives Bill time to work out the ins and outs both managerially and executively, 20m in the kitty along with parachute and any further investment could make us big hitter in the championship. Take the drop and rebuild with some sort of plan/strategy

Maybe that would be for the best. Gives Bill time to work out the ins and outs both managerially and executively, 20m in the kitty along with parachute and any further investment could make us big hitter in the championship. Take the drop and rebuild with some sort of plan/strategy
That's got to be the better option hasn’t it if we can't get in a firefighter on a short term deal to stay up and get the PL divi - but I'd throw in that we really need Bill to move forward on his promise to develop our own stadium and academy too. Bear in mind that there are likely to be a few "big" teams in the Championship next season so the challenge is not going to be easy, but with the right management and players we should at least be able to make a decent fist of it. .

Dyche couldn't change the style at Burnley as the Chairman wouldn't sign players due to selling the club. He wanted money in the bank to make it look better to buyers. That's why relegation last year. He couldn't refresh and if you stand still in the Premier you go down.

He is very knowledgeable with different styles of play as he spent time going round 'learning'. I think he worked with one of the England teams whilst he was in between jobs. Burnley weren't actually all long ball. Anyone who watched them regularly will have seen some good football at times as well. He said he liked to mix it up by sometimes playing on the floor and sometimes long. In fact, I think for two seasons, Liverpool played more long balls than Burnley.

If you do get relegated he is probably the best manager to get you back up. His record is excellent in the Championship. First full season promoted as runners up losing 5 games and following relegation up as Champions, losing 5 games again and going on a 23 match unbeaten run.

He does need time though to sort out the defence first (he had half a season at Burnley to do this) so the closer you get to the end of the season, the less chance there is of saving you.

Dyche couldn't change the style at Burnley as the Chairman wouldn't sign players due to selling the club. He wanted money in the bank to make it look better to buyers. That's why relegation last year. He couldn't refresh and if you stand still in the Premier you go down.

He is very knowledgeable with different styles of play as he spent time going round 'learning'. I think he worked with one of the England teams whilst he was in between jobs. Burnley weren't actually all long ball. Anyone who watched them regularly will have seen some good football at times as well. He said he liked to mix it up by sometimes playing on the floor and sometimes long. In fact, I think for two seasons, Liverpool played more long balls than Burnley.

If you do get relegated he is probably the best manager to get you back up. His record is excellent in the Championship. First full season promoted as runners up losing 5 games and following relegation up as Champions, losing 5 games again and going on a 23 match unbeaten run.

He does need time though to sort out the defence first (he had half a season at Burnley to do this) so the closer you get to the end of the season, the less chance there is of saving you.

Going to assume you’re a Burnley fan? I wonder if you’re one of the seemingly majority of Burnley fans who didn’t rate Eddie Howe, couldn’t see what he was trying to do and gave him no credit for promotion despite the signings he made and the foundations he built? If so, I’d be less inclined to take on your opinion ;)

So the whole time Dyche was there and Garlick was the owner he was trying to sell the club? 10 years???

I can recall Burnley spending money throughout Dyche' tenure, of course not on the level of the big clubs, but I'm not sure he can hide behind the couldn't sign anyone excuse for his entire time at the club...

No,no,no. Antiquated style of football based on the Crazy Gang of Wimbledon. Undeniably effective but God awful to watch and unatsustainable long term as Dyche found out. He manages like he played. Tries to be the hard man but whignes like a girl

So the whole time Dyche was there and Garlick was the owner he was trying to sell the club? 10 years???

I can recall Burnley spending money throughout Dyche' tenure, of course not on the level of the big clubs, but I'm not sure he can hide behind the couldn't sign anyone excuse for his entire time at the club...

Garlick wouldn't let him buy from abroad as he was worried whether it would work out or not. That meant paying over the odds for players and Burnley's over the odds amounted to not a lot. All that time in the Premier and the record buy is £15m. Shopping in Britain limits who you can buy due to the over inflated prices. He was working with one hand tied behind his back a lot of the time.

Garlick wouldn't let him buy from abroad as he was worried whether it would work out or not. That meant paying over the odds for players and Burnley's over the odds amounted to not a lot. All that time in the Premier and the record buy is £15m. Shopping in Britain limits who you can buy due to the over inflated prices. He was working with one hand tied behind his back a lot of the time.

Amazed he didn't resign sooner then. Any manager worth their salt, who felt they were being restricted for that length of time would have moved on, surely? Rather than felt suffocated into having to play a certain way and no matter how you dress it up, Burnley did for a long time.

If he had these ideals of more attractive football, but forced to play more 'agriculturaly', seems odd why he didn't leave. Managers rarely change dramatically from one style to another over the course of their career.

Not sure how much I buy Dyche' claim that he only played that way due to personnel available. He could have shaped the squad differently over time if that was the case. I don;t believe he played direct/% football as Burnley couldn;t afford better players. There's a whole world of technical, decent players, if you setup you scouting network accordingly. Why did he stay at Burnley for so long if that was the case, he once lead them into Europe and his stock has been decent for years, so I assume he could have taken a job elsewhere if Burnley financial situation was stifling/holding him back from unleashing his preferred brand of football.

Doubt he'd be interested in a short term deal, to the end of the season. Too much risk for him with little reward, taking a side down. Whereas now he could presumably still get a job at say Everton, Leicester etc.

If we did bring him on, would he fit with the long term ethos of style we want to implement and therefore types of players we sign?

If he is genuine about wanting to play better football, do we want to be his sandbox environment whilst he learns how to do that? As he certainly doesn;t appear to have track record of being able to implement that kind of style.

Dyche thing just seems unlikely for a host of reasons. I'm not seeing many things between us and him that marry up and indicate he's the man for us. But then stranger things have happened in football.

He kept Burnley up on a very small budget and with selling some of their better players for quite big money . He identified a way of playing with his squad that allowed them to be successful in terms of staying up. To try and change a style completely isn’t easy and would perhaps meant Burnley going down long before they actually did .
Eddie Howe tried changing our style from when we went up and we ended up going down.
Sometimes you have to play a way with the tools you are given as now adays time isn’t really given to managers.

You only have to look at Arteta a year ago they won what 1 in 10 games but they had put a proper plan in place . These plans don’t happen over night but a proper plan whereby you allow for mistakes but the whole club are working together to get to where the aim is .

He kept Burnley up on a very small budget and with selling some of their better players for quite big money . He identified a way of playing with his squad that allowed them to be successful in terms of staying up. To try and change a style completely isn’t easy and would perhaps meant Burnley going down long before they actually did .
Eddie Howe tried changing our style from when we went up and we ended up going down.
Sometimes you have to play a way with the tools you are given as now adays time isn’t really given to managers.

You only have to look at Arteta a year ago they won what 1 in 10 games but they had put a proper plan in place . These plans don’t happen over night but a proper plan whereby you allow for mistakes but the whole club are working together to get to where the aim is .

Totally agree. But it doesn't add up why he hung around for song long in that case... as I mentioned in a more recent reply.

And managers do change style to a degree, but they don't tend to change from distinctly different styles.

Howe tweaked things, I wouldn't say it was a drastic overhaul. That coupled with change in personnel.

Not only would I rather scoop my eyes out with a rusty spoon but I'd go as far as having my bollox lowered into a tank of piranhas ....
Got to be worth signing him now we know this, I’ve certainly changed my mind. If it means TF is James Bonding his gonads then I’m happy for the Ginger Mourinho to turn Ouattara into the next Ashley Barnes.

Ashley Barnes is a pretty good player with a nasty streak. But I kept a close eye on him last week and he didn't pull any dirty tricks at all that I spotted.

Got to be worth signing him now we know this, I’ve certainly changed my mind. If it means TF is James Bonding his gonads then I’m happy for the Ginger Mourinho to turn Ouattara into the next Ashley Barnes.
I used to dream of having my bollox lowered into a tank of piranhas, but you can’t have it all can you?

Can I just put it out there ?

If GO ever gets the heave-ho and we sign Dyche to replace him, can I have the patent on a thread titled :

“Our new manager. What’s not to Dyche ?”

where we proceed to discuss the pros and cons of the new appointment ?

so your say JON is trying to put a plan in place ?

;