WORST THING ABOUT 2020?

I had a month off sick January/February with pneumonia. Was just starting to get back to normal when lockdown started. Realised last month that it is over a year since I have seen any member of my family (sister in France, brother in London).
2020 can f**k right off!

I saw my brother and his family for the first time in seven months in October... and caught Covid off him.

My only grand daughter died. We had to turn off her life support. She was only 16. It would have been her 17th birthday yesterday. We sent some birthday balloons up to heaven for her.

My only grand daughter died. We had to turn off her life support. She was only 16. It would have been her 17th birthday yesterday. We sent some birthday balloons up to heaven for her.
Bloody hell, I'm so, so for your loss Paul. I know no words from someone you don't know can heal, but remember that there's a bunch of idiots on here who you can talk to about anything you need to. Even football from time to time.

Thinking of you and yours.

So sad. I can't begin to imagine the impact of such an awful thing. Puts everything else into perspective.

Watching on as your son's wedding is cancelled twice in one year has been a bit of a bummer.

They'd even planned the first one for after the season finished so we wouldn't miss any games.

Wow, it's so easy to be insular and feel hard done by with lockdown, and then you hear something like this. So sorry to hear that, Paul

Really sorry to hear that, rather puts all my moans and groans into perspective.

Man, we all think we've had a bad year, lost jobs, lost relatives, moan about being stuck indoors without seeing friends or family and then you hear about a loss like yours Paul.

So very very sorry. I cannot imagine the loss or the impact on your whole family. Absolutely heartbreaking.

Thanks for your kind thoughts guys. It's taken me a while to be brave enough to start talking about it.

I'm 71 now and over the years I've lost both my parents and in-laws but nothing in life prepares you for this.

It is truly devastating.

The first and only time goal line technology failed in the Prem, and cost us out status in the top league

;