Zero points - how do I get ONE?

TCherry

First Team
Hi Ladies & Gentleman, boys & girls.
I have cup points and able to go to friendlies (Real Betis & OM). I have zero home points and last season was able to go to a few home games because my brother who has points wasn't able to go to some and I went instead. Great.
This season as per last, I've tried many times to get tickets by going online or ringing the ticket office. This Friday morning I was told there are some tickets for the Cardiff match at 11.00am (good luck if you can get one by the way). BUT you need ONE point to get a ticket.
As I said to the person, how do I get to ONE point? I was told that the Valencia friendly allocated one point - I know that now! Not helpful. Really frustrating.

Answers on a postcard please. I guess it's away matches for me I suppose..

I am confused by this - a couple of weeks ago the tickets were on sale at zero points - presumably this has gone back up because it sold out?

Not a lot you can do unfortunately except either wait for a game to go right down to zero points or and this is a big or go to the ground on match day and hope for a few returns or refunds have been processed. It does happen

Last edited:
Still the best part of maybe 100 tickets left. No big rush when it went to the 1 pointers this morning.

Can't see it selling out in the next 80 minutes so this will likely go on general sale to those with zero points.

I expect they won't go down to general sale as there are loads still with one point and if they go to General will get bought by touts.

I expect they won't go down to general sale as there are loads still with one point and if they go to General will get bought by touts.

There are loads with one point but they aren't buying. Club has said general sale at 3pm. If they are bought by touts then so be it.

And this was Liz’s great idea that Exiles should be able to get tickets close to the match as they go on general sale.

Trying to actually buy the tickets, book travel or hotels last minute I’m sure would be a great experience.

Quite a few of us are also now on zero points as using the Exile Club season tickets doesn’t count for individuals.

Ah well away games it is then until they change that next season :clap:

Hi Ladies & Gentleman, boys & girls.
I have cup points and able to go to friendlies (Real Betis & OM). I have zero home points and last season was able to go to a few home games because my brother who has points wasn't able to go to some and I went instead. Great.
This season as per last, I've tried many times to get tickets by going online or ringing the ticket office. This Friday morning I was told there are some tickets for the Cardiff match at 11.00am (good luck if you can get one by the way). BUT you need ONE point to get a ticket.
As I said to the person, how do I get to ONE point? I was told that the Valencia friendly allocated one point - I know that now! Not helpful. Really frustrating.

Answers on a postcard please. I guess it's away matches for me I suppose..

I struggle to get to games too. Being someone who has watched the cherries home and away in every league in the football division, I find it frustrating. Due to me being in the military I can't regularly get to games like I used to be able to. My points have dropped to 0 over the years as I can't get hold of tickets anymore, unless, like you friend's help me out, which doesn't equate to points. I now only go to away games when I can. Looking forward to west ham away. I suggest you do the same.

Also, I emailed the club my frustrations last season and they very kindly offered me a ticket in the journalist section for the Tottenham game. Maybe if you have a similar situation the club may be able to do a thing or two like they did for me.

Go for it @TCherry this could be a great chance to get onto the points ladder
Hi NSM, unfortunately I didn't see this until 15:50 and I've just rung the ticket office all sold out - I thought as much when I looked online. Apparently there were 40 or 50 tickets and they all sold.
The quest continues...

Now I've installed Twitter on my smartphone so I should get alerts if this happens again (if I can figure out how to just get the alerts from @afcbournemouth) . I've studiously avoided social media until now! The things you have to do to get a ticket. Thanks everybody for your help.

Hi NSM, unfortunately I didn't see this until 15:50 and I've just rung the ticket office all sold out - I thought as much when I looked online. Apparently there were 40 or 50 tickets and they all sold.
The quest continues...
Damn, maybe Everton at home then. August home games do get missed by people on their holidays still, so hopefully there will be tickets going.

Thanks NSM - I've enrolled onto Twitter now so hopefully I might get an alert a bit earlier. I was gardening between showers..

TCherry - if you're local to Bournemouth, there's still a chance you could get a ticket for the Cardiff game. Some people at the Cherries Trust AGM on Thursday evening said they had got tickets on the day from the TO (or from people outside the ground) who had a spare because a friend couldn't make it, etc. They said the TO often has a dozen or more "last minute returns" which go on sale between roughly 14.00 and 14.45... so it's a bit of a bind but if you go to the ground and keep asking at the ticket office, you may get lucky. One bloke I was talking to said he rarely didn't get a ticket using this technique... but there is no certainty.

;