Zero points - how do I get ONE?

My first post, I’ve been a voyeur for a couple of years so it's about time I got my hands dirty.

TCherry, I have every sympathy for you, despite going to most away games, I have been through this for three seasons and finally at the end of last season I got somewhere. You just have to go for any opportunity which might come up...the pre season friendly, the Friday 11.00 sale of returns, last year I was lucky and got a ticket just on the off chance at the ground the morning of the game (at about 9.30 from memory) and so I started getting enough points to help things along.

I have a feeling that more games will go to lower points levels this season for home (and away for that matter) games anyway, particularly if they are midweek and/or on tv. In this respect I think tickets for the home game v Palace on 1st October will go to General Sale, keep an eye on it and good luck...

TCherry - if you're local to Bournemouth, there's still a chance you could get a ticket for the Cardiff game. Some people at the Cherries Trust AGM on Thursday evening said they had got tickets on the day from the TO (or from people outside the ground) who had a spare because a friend couldn't make it, etc. They said the TO often has a dozen or more "last minute returns" which go on sale between roughly 14.00 and 14.45... so it's a bit of a bind but if you go to the ground and keep asking at the ticket office, you may get lucky. One bloke I was talking to said he rarely didn't get a ticket using this technique... but there is no certainty.
Hi Rich, thanks for that. I will certainly ring up tomorrow morning. I live near Wimborne so reasonably local now. When you mean the ticket office that isn't the ticket desk in the shop but the ticket booths just further along? Thanks, appreciated.

My first post, I’ve been a voyeur for a couple of years so it's about time I got my hands dirty.

TCherry, I have every sympathy for you, despite going to most away games, I have been through this for three seasons and finally at the end of last season I got somewhere. You just have to go for any opportunity which might come up...the pre season friendly, the Friday 11.00 sale of returns, last year I was lucky and got a ticket just on the off chance at the ground the morning of the game (at about 9.30 from memory) and so I started getting enough points to help things along.

I have a feeling that more games will go to lower points levels this season for home (and away for that matter) games anyway, particularly if they are midweek and/or on tv. In this respect I think tickets for the home game v Palace on 1st October will go to General Sale, keep an eye on it and good luck...
Thanks MB1 for your advice. Yes I've been reading the forum for several years now and never posted, ever. But it could be habit forming.

Hi Rich, thanks for that. I will certainly ring up tomorrow morning. I live near Wimborne so reasonably local now. When you mean the ticket office that isn't the ticket desk in the shop but the ticket booths just further along? Thanks, appreciated.
Yes - the ticket office is really those 4 booths that only usually open on match days. I think you stand more chance by actually being on the spot and hanging around from say 13.00 onwards... but by all means ring up before (though they may at that time just say it's sold out - following the official club statement)

The flags are flying at the TCherry household, I rang the Ticket Office just after 9am. I managed to get a ticket , so one point. Wife mightily relieved as she doesn't have to put up with me moaning about it anymore (not yet anyway!). Thanks everybody for your help and advise.

;