10 games to go…

Did you take that charity bet on....?

Andoni v O'Neil-nil
Nope....not sure that's very interesting tbh...we don't know how two squads are going to perform for their managers from now to May....two squads in no danger of relegation.
I think you'll be able to work out what I mean by that !

The odds of any of these catching us is lengthening.

Matches
remaining
Current
win
Florist725466/7
Luton722437/7
Burnley71940-
Sheff U915429/9

Sheff U will surely be off the list after tonight at Anfield.
Luton not only have to beat us on Saturday, but win all their remaining matches.

Very soon there could be only one remaining relegation question and it won't affect us at all. Will points deductions for Florist and Everton save one or two of the current bottom three?

Last edited:
Now, only Luton.

Matches
remaining
Current
win
Florist725466/7
Luton722437/7
Burnley71940-
Sheff U81539-

We can clear that matter up tomorrow!

Nope....not sure that's very interesting tbh...we don't know how two squads are going to perform for their managers from now to May....two squads in no danger of relegation.
I think you'll be able to work out what I mean by that !
At least charity would be the winner.

IMHO I think that was down to GON rather than the players with his negative style. Can you imagine AI not going for it with 12 points on offer?
Was it that negative? I thought GON decided to experiment with the last four games with an eye on the following season. I genuinely believe he didn't set out to lose them all.
I prefer to look back on the GON tenure positively. He's clearly good at what he does.

Saturday’s disappointing loss meant that one of the bottom three can still catch us. Mathematically still not safe but relies on us not getting another win from our remaining seven matches and Luton winning at Citeh on Sat. The lowest odds on a Luton win are 18/1. We are 4500/1 against relegation.

Matches
remaining
Current
win
Florist625436/6
Luton625436/6
Burnley61937-
Sheff U71637-

Although, a very bright point is that one of those bottom three places could be filled by Florist or Everton come the end of the season.

Safe!

The inevitable at Man City means that none of the bottom three can catch us. Florists draw has the consequence that we will finish above them too.

Matches
remaining
Current
win
Florist52641-
Luton52540-
Burnley52035-
Sheff U61637-

4 games to go, and yes I know who we are playing, but just saying if we win all four I have us finishing 8th. Seems unlikely that will be enough for a European spot this season but would still be an incredible achievement.

For the teams around us, well West Ham and Chelsea have to play each other. West Ham also have to play Liverpool and Man City. Easy to see them dropping more than three points across those three matches.

As well as, in this scenario, losing to us on the last day of the season, Chelsea also have matches against Villa, Spurs, Brighton as well as that West Ham match. Given how erratic they've been, I can easily see them dropping points in a couple of those.

Brighton play Man City tomorrow night and also lose to us in this scenario so that sees us ahead of them. Even if they do something unexpected tomorrow night their other fixtures are Villa, Chelsea, Newcastle, and Man Utd.

So, just the simple matter of winning those four matches now...

4 games to go, and yes I know who we are playing, but just saying if we win all four I have us finishing 8th. Seems unlikely that will be enough for a European spot this season but would still be an incredible achievement.

For the teams around us, well West Ham and Chelsea have to play each other. West Ham also have to play Liverpool and Man City. Easy to see them dropping more than three points across those three matches.

As well as, in this scenario, losing to us on the last day of the season, Chelsea also have matches against Villa, Spurs, Brighton as well as that West Ham match. Given how erratic they've been, I can easily see them dropping points in a couple of those.

Brighton play Man City tomorrow night and also lose to us in this scenario so that sees us ahead of them. Even if they do something unexpected tomorrow night their other fixtures are Villa, Chelsea, Newcastle, and Man Utd.

I too share your optimism.
Up the Chezzers.

If we win all 4.......

That's where it went horribly wrong.

;