Aaron Ramsdale

New contract for him.

Need a new contract for Travers too imho.

Plus another year for the Holy Goaly please, must be a good influence!!!

To think a year ago we were all chuntering over that cross-flapping, slice-kicking arrogant waste of space that was Begovich. :hehe:

New contract for him.

Need a new contract for Travers too imho.

Plus another year for the Holy Goaly please, must be a good influence!!!

To think a year ago we were all chuntering over that cross-flapping, slice-kicking arrogant waste of space that was Begovich. :hehe:
Travers signed a new one in the summer. I echo the above though, he could do with a loan at a championship team

That’s good to know Blanders - probably missed that (had two nasty eye ops in the summer) - but the main thing is we have two really good young keepers on the books, well I think they are anyhow, which is top news.

....... and grumpy old Artur to keep ‘em in check. :clap:

His saves today probably had as much to do about us getting 3 points as did Josh King’s goal and our defenders.

Goalkeepers normally get noticed for their errors and sometimes overlooked for the good things they do.

At only 21 he has been a rock at the back of our defence and if he continues this form will start to be on the radar of other clubs.

His saves today probably had as much to do about us getting 3 points as did Josh King’s goal and our defenders.

Goalkeepers normally get noticed for their errors and sometimes overlooked for the good things they do.

At only 21 he has been a rock at the back of our defence and if he continues this form will start to be on the radar of other clubs.
Were lucky to have 2 really good young keepers.guy at west ham is useless.

Must admit I was very nervous about our keeper situation at the start of the season. Travers and Rambo very young and untested at this level and Boruc just getting older. Rambo has been fantastic and made the position his own. Really does look the part and is developing a real rapport with the fans, big future in front of him.

I actually think he was our worst player today! Not because he played badly but because he had so little to do.

I heard his interview on COWS saying we were happy for Man Utd to take shots from 25 yards. That shows the confidence between keeper and defence. Last season I doubt our back 4 would be comfortable allowing the opposition to shoot like that.

I’ve never been so relaxed with just a one goal lead as I was today. Seeing us defend as a team and knowing that if by some fluke United did manage a shot on target away they’d still have to beat Rambo to equalise. I’m even relaxed when the opposition gets corner after corner these days. It feels like all things being equal, barring weird deflections and the like, we’ll manage to deal with it.

It’s a strange feeling :unsure: but I like it !

I think the team is adapting to having to top draw keeper behind them. We've not really had that in the five seasons.

With Rambo at the back, the mistakes from the back four are not really there this season. Have we given away a gift goal so far?

one goal given conceded in the last four games must be a record.

I think the team is adapting to having to top draw keeper behind them. We've not really had that in the five seasons.

With Rambo at the back, the mistakes from the back four are not really there this season. Have we given away a gift goal so far?

one goal given conceded in the last four games must be a record.
Not only that but we have been incredibly unlucky:

Sheff Utd shot going well wide takes two deflections

Cresswell shot going wide, block also takes it past Ramsdale and Aké as well as deflecting on target

Arsenal header comfortably going to Ramsdale

5 points from 3 deflections

I know that is going to happen through the season, but it was only really at Leicester where we have been poor defensively this season, and maybe first 20 at Arsenal.

I love Ramsdale I think he is so much better than Pickford and along with Henderson, should now already be being considered for England no.1.

As you say, the confidence we now have when the other team have possession is great.

Compare that to the first season when I was concerned every time the other team went forward!

Does make you wonder whether Ake and Cook are really deserving their near constant 8s though??
Not so much a reflection on those two CB, more likely an indication that getting our midfield right is still work-in-progress even with the improvement resulting from Lerma and Billing being in the team and working well together.

;