Aaron Ramsdale

Not sure how reliable but talksport saying this deal is now off as a fee was unable to be agreed.

Presumably Arsenal thought the original fee quoted was a joke :)

I would also have him over Travers at this current moment in time because he has more of a commanding presence in the box

God you really must think Travers is terrible if you see Rambo as more commanding. No doubting Rambo is a great reflex shot stopper though, but commanding an area is not one of his strengths by a long shot

Thinking back to Tommy Godwin, as a young kid I always wondered why we had an old man in goal. Actually he was only in his late 20's when I first saw him but anyone over 25 was a dinosaur to me.
1628758964010.png

God you really must think Travers is terrible if you see Rambo as more commanding. No doubting Rambo is a great reflex shot stopper though, but commanding an area is not one of his strengths by a long shot

I just think he comes across as more confident. Agree that Rambo's not amazing in the box either, though. Yes, I think Travers needs lots of help with this. If I were an opposition player, I'd just keep hoofing the ball in the box because he looks very hesitant, glued to his line a lot of the time and we just look very vulnerable. Is strange. The club has been preparing for Travs having more of a first-team role since the end of the 2018-19 season. Surprised that they haven't seemed to have built up his confidence/aggression with balls coming in but I know very little about goal keeping or keeper coaching to be fair so maybe I'm being a little harsh.

;