Accounts - June 2023

Well, if Bill's astute enough to become a 1.6 Dollar Billionaire, I'm willing to accept he and his accountants know enough about FFP to differentiate between their assets and their elbows : )

Bill owns the train now and he's driving it. He knows his destination, we'll either get there or it'll end up derailed. Either way, it's his train on his railroad, all I can do is remain as a passenger for as long as I can. The scenery's the same, whether we derail at the next bend or we're closer to the final destination. I'm enjoying the countryside immensely at the moment : )
I'm looking forward to finding the buffet car Table. Oh wait- I can just see the Saints steam train out of the rear view window, seems they're in the slow lane stopping service. Chuff chuff!

It's funny how well O'Neil did when you look at those numbers. Not that he gets the credit from the same people who bang on about how we got promoted with the best squad the galaxy has ever seen.
Plus we only finally properly invested to upgrade a largely championship squad in January and summer windows once bill took over.

It's funny how well O'Neil did when you look at those numbers. Not that he gets the credit from the same people who bang on about how we got promoted with the best squad the galaxy has ever seen.

Flip side of that is our net spend over the past decade is higher than Bayern Munich and Real Madrid…

Normally a post containing so much information by DJ shoud be a like but taking a detached view in all honesty there is nothing there to actually like. The Premier League has prostituted itself on the alter of greed fuelled by the broadcasting media. Every year the "gap" seems to get wider little wonder the promoted clubs have to spend so much to catch up. The revolving trap door could come around any season for all clubs other than the top 6.

Oh for the days of the First Division.

When you look at those charts you realise what untapped potential there is at AFCB.
Untapped potential and that’s what Jim/bill can see. Clearly thought that upsets some of the fanbase. I do get it though if we want to buy talent like Scott, zabarnyi, sevesi and unal etc We need to up revenues given new ffp rules

Untapped potential and that’s what Jim/bill can see. Clearly thought that upsets some of the fanbase. I do get it though if we want to buy talent like Scott, zabarnyi, sevesi and unal etc We need to up revenues given new ffp rules

I’m not convinced either way to be honest.

Likelihood was we needed to sell in the summer to balance the 3 year cycle following the spending last summer anyway.

A majority of clubs are only likely to vote this new version through if it suits them, so this newer version maybe better anyway.

As for raising revenue. There’s also cutting spending. Like £16million on player agents fees etc.

An increased stadium for that untapped potential at Brentford brings in an increased revenue of £14million, so any increased revenue that’s going to make any kind of difference for ffp only comes via a new stadium.

I’m not convinced either way to be honest.

Likelihood was we needed to sell in the summer to balance the 3 year cycle following the spending last summer anyway.

A majority of clubs are only likely to vote this new version through if it suits them, so this newer version maybe better anyway.

As for raising revenue. There’s also cutting spending. Like £16million on player agents fees etc.

An increased stadium for that untapped potential at Brentford brings in an increased revenue of £14million, so any increased revenue that’s going to make any kind of difference for ffp only comes via a new stadium.

Might feel a bit like I'm baiting you here but I'm genuinely interested. Why do you think we have to sell for FFP when we have something like £115M available allowance?

Might feel a bit like I'm baiting you here but I'm genuinely interested. Why do you think we have to sell for FFP when we have something like £115M available allowance?

I did say ”likelihood” so had given myself some wiggle room. :) But that said, if the current ffp system was going to continue for years on end then, as the 3 year cycle moves on, any available allowance will soon disappear and last summers spending (which came after the most recent accounts) can’t be repeated year on year without player sales or cuts in spending.

There is not that much leeway.

The "exceptional income" of £71m in last years accounts does not count as it was the write off of shareholders loans - not income as such.

I did say ”likelihood” so had given myself some wiggle room. :) But that said, if the current ffp system was going to continue for years on end then, as the 3 year cycle moves on, any available allowance will soon disappear and last summers spending (which came after the most recent accounts) can’t be repeated year on year without player sales or cuts in spending.
Well we've lost a -£60M from the period and gained a +£44.5 giving something like a +£5M over the three years.
The transfer fees will be spread over the contract period, so our total of say £120M will be recorded as £24M for 5 years or £30 for 4.
We managed the +£44.5M with £80M or £130M (I'm confused to which) of player purchases as well.

1714493190200.png

and looking at this it just seems so hard to understand why we would be the ones who are forced to sell players. I think we might if it makes financial sense but not because we have to.

There is not that much leeway.

The "exceptional income" of £71m in last years accounts does not count as it was the write off of shareholders loans - not income as such.
"The club recorded an operating profit of £52.1m and also recognised a gain of £71.4m upon the write-off of shareholder loans."
No idea how that becomes £44.5M profit but there you go.

You're allowed to "secure fund" (i.e. owner invest) £90M over the 3 year period.

Personally, I don't think Bill would be happy to throw £30M down the drain every season (nor do I blame him!). So it's more a question of running under out own steam than failing to comply with FFP.

;