Adam Smith

My God this is so tedious can the season just start now please. Why the hell would Burnley want Smith? He’s the exact opposite of what Dyche looks for in a full back, he was a complete liability defensively last season. These transfer rumours are getting ridiculous. All it needs is one media outlet to make something up and then the others jump on the bandwagon and start posting!!

My God this is so tedious can the season just start now please. Why the hell would Burnley want Smith? He’s the exact opposite of what Dyche looks for in a full back, he was a complete liability defensively last season. These transfer rumours are getting ridiculous. All it needs is one media outlet to make something up and then the others jump on the bandwagon and start posting!!

You were posting them not long ago ;)

https://bournemouth-forum.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/wilson-swap.12238/

Just like in every transfer window there is no point in getting wound up about any idle ( and that's what it usually is ) transfer speculation by the media. When the transfer window closes, that's when we'll see what our squad looks like. Only then might I consider getting wound up. But it's far too early to give a toss. Let's see it all unfold before we start panicking. More often than not most of these transfers never happen. Some may leave, some may stay and we'll almost certainly have targets of our own who have yet to come in. I'll get excited or depressed when the window finally closes and I see what we have to work with.

I'm a big fan of Smith and don't want to see him go, but with Stacey we've got a ready made replacement who's shown great potential. We'd need cover for sure, but I'd be quite relaxed about this one. Agreed that Smith wasn't the best last season, but he had very little help in front of him, can't do it all.

Smith is one of the only players we have that regularly picks the ball up deep and runs through defence and midfield to start attacks. One of the few variations we have from the usual routines (full back passes to winger with back to goal, back to full back, the across centre-backs for a while).

Exactly the type of player we should be putting our foot down on now. Surely Burnley can't be that much more attractive now?

Smith is one of the only players we have that regularly picks the ball up deep and runs through defence and midfield to start attacks. One of the few variations we have from the usual routines (full back passes to winger with back to goal, back to full back, the across centre-backs for a while).

Exactly the type of player we should be putting our foot down on now. Surely Burnley can't be that much more attractive now?
Burnley is less attractive than Lebanon right now. Unfortunately Premier League football and pitching yourself against the worlds best at stadiums like Anfield is attractive. Particularly if you have had a pay cut and fancy getting that money back. Bit of history rewriting on this thread... Smith is a fantastic full back and we all know it!

Burnley is less attractive than Lebanon right now. Unfortunately Premier League football and pitching yourself against the worlds best at stadiums like Anfield is attractive. Particularly if you have had a pay cut and fancy getting that money back. Bit of history rewriting on this thread... Smith is a fantastic full back and we all know it!
Over the years he has been good but last season he was terrible, it could be that he just had a bad season or it could be that he’s on the decline. Tbf everyone was poor last season so very possible it could be the former!

hope that we can keep Adam Smith...and I wouldn't sell him for less than 10 million if we had to...but luckily JT said that there would be no fire sales!

He still gets in my team above Stacey everytime, despite his relatively poor season, so I'd like to keep him but we all know what happens when a Premier league team comes calling.

Surely it would make more sense if we posted positive reviews on our players , e.g. Smith is worth at least £15,000,000 , so that other teams might be prepared to pay over the odds. Saying that a player was rubbish last season wont help anybody.

Wasn't there talk of Palace at one time.

Not a great season last time out (insert name as appropriate) and always a foul or dive in him. Reasonable price, £7M as above, take the money and reinvest.
Have to agree.

I would add that I think we winds up refs with his diving and attitude (pure conjecture), which doesn't help us get 50:50 decisions. Imagine he is nicest bloke off the pitch just do anything to win on it (even if that's over doing it)

As a player, he always looks a liability to the cross field diagonal over his left shoulder to the winger in behind him. We have conceded quite a few that way. Bizarrely felt less of a liability on left in that way just not as effective going forward. Don't mind either way as we can cover that one, and plenty of RFBs around, bound to be a loanee we could get.

I'm not sure he'd be very popular with the support up there! Not robust enough for their taste. But he is a proven solid versatile PL full back so not without decent value.

;