Adam Smith

Surely it would make more sense if we posted positive reviews on our players , e.g. Smith is worth at least £15,000,000 , so that other teams might be prepared to pay over the odds. Saying that a player was rubbish last season wont help anybody.

I know for a fact Sean Dyche and his chairman are avid readers of this forum so yes you’re correct £15,000,000 plus add ons is the bare minimum.

Reactions: DJ
Wasn't there talk of Palace at one time.

Not a great season last time out (insert name as appropriate) and always a foul or dive in him. Reasonable price, £7M as above, take the money and reinvest.

This for me too. Think Smudge has one been one of our most important premier league players - when he didn’t play we really missed his attacking play, linking defence and attack. Sadly, he dipped badly last season and the energy of Stacey showed him up. Imho particularly poor in restart. Happy to keep but equally ok to sell and bring in fresh legs.

Worth restating that selling our old prem stars and reinvesting in young, hungry talent doesn’t equate to lack of ambition. The right reinvestment is key though.

If Smithy is tempted by the environment of Burnley and prefers it to Bournemouth the world really has gone mad. He should stick with the Cherries ready to give the likes of Burnley a pasting in the not too distant future

Maybe he prefers old coal mine tours to a sunny Bournemouth beach ?

...he won't be tempted by the environment....just the lure of the PL and the rewards that it brings...and I wouldn't blame him for that tbh...

I never understand this argument, he'd just move to an expensive village nearby. Yorkshire, Cheshire and obviously Lankashire give so many options to these guys on huge money.

Exactly, if you're earning a few 100k a year, never mind millions, you;re going to be living in a nice house/area regardless where you;re playing/earning a living.

Like when people keep saying about Bournemouth being a real attraction to players due to the area... well it isn't otherwise we would have been signing and retaining the best players at each level we played at over the last few decades.

Last edited:
Burnley won't pay £7m, that's a certainty. (IMO!) Not for someone who can "challenge Lowton and Bardsley". Right back needs an upgrade, it doesn't need another of similar standard.

It’s obviously a cliche saying oh Bournemouth has a nice beach I’ll sign for them then. But there is some merit to it as well.

Yes there are some really nice expensive villages within an hour of every club but that’s not necessarily what every family wants. If they have kids they might prefer living in a city or large town with all the amenities it has to offer.

If you are coming from abroad, somewhere like Bournemouth with its language schools and expat communities might be more attractive than a small village in Yorkshire.

There’s nots of reasons why a player wants to join a particular club, but since a nice house is a given then there’s more to it than that.

;