AFC Bournemouth v Brighton - FA Cup Third Round - 12.30 pm

No - If you are wrong then your posts are neither reality or realism and are by definition nonsense aren't they.

From the teams listed it sounds like you watch the team very rarely as we haven't played two of them in a few years.

Your opinions aren't worth anything - that's the reality and realism of the situation.

Then as stated if my posts arn't worth anything then feel free to ignore and or don't respond to them.

Good day.

I actually think Eddie has learnt his lesson somewhat with regards to 11 changes for cup games. We’ve played relatively strong teams ever since the Millwall debacle. I’d expect 5-6 changes with the obvious ones left out (Lerma, Wilson, Begovic).

When I saw the line-up last night I knew Gosling had came back too early... he pushed out Surman who is in arguably good form. Gosling should have been on the bench last night and should have started on Saturday

I thought gosling did well yesterday (apart from their second goal). Does a lot of the unselfish hard work needed to get a grip in midfield. More physical than surman too; although I am a big fan of surman, last night suited gosling better imho

When I saw the line-up last night I knew Gosling had came back too early... he pushed out Surman who is in arguably good form. Gosling should have been on the bench last night and should have started on Saturday

I saw a clip of Surman attempting to run the length of the pitch at Old Trafford. If he was a horse they would have shot him at the next hurdle. On a serious note I think Eddie is simply indulging in a bit of badly needed rotation.

My concerns really are simply twofold.

1. Our defensive weakness is at both fullback positions. I think both cook and ake are both above average with ake closest to a “great” player and he could be a great number 8 too.

2. Our midfield and strikers are terrific counter attackers but aside from brooks no one can hold the ball. This putting more pressure on the defense.

We are more of a counter attacking squad and those types of teams need a strong back four. Hope we focus on both fullback positions and one center mid this month.

TV rights sold overseas so the game can be broadcast in Godknowswhereisstan so we have so suffer the lunchtime kick off.

Whatever happened to Saturday 3pm KOs?!

Same true for palace v Grimsby which is at 5.30pm for overseas broadcast. That is an odd choice though imho

I was asking a ladyfriend earlier where the hell in Europe they think Bournemouth v Brighton is some glamour tie for the tv watching masses. She reminded me that (she thinks) I'm obsessed with Brighton and their beach. At which point I realised it was South France and Spain who probably think it's a televised Blue Flag awards thing

--------------Boruc--------------
----Cook---Simpson---Mings----
Pugh---Hyndman--Surman---Rico
Dobre--------Mousset--------Ibe

Subs: Travers, Seaman, Worthington, Ofoborh, Taylor, Butcher, Anthony

This is my prediction. I have no idea what the bench is going to look like. With no Defoe now we suddenly look very short of backup strikers. Unless he's going after for some reason?

Either way, surely to god we'll see some academy debuts/appearances?

I don't think we have got much choice but to rest players here, we looked shattered by the end of last night andnwe have played so many games recently. We can not afford to pick up more injuries and I am still looking over my shoulder a bit we have a run of tricky games coming up and if we lose them we could get dragged into the fight.

Whilst I was surprised to see Gosling start that was because I did not realise he was that close to being fit. As he was considered fit enough, I was not surprised to see Surman rested. Not sure if you were at OT on Sunday but Surman had to put in one heck of a shift being the only recognised CM and seemed to cover an awful lot of ground. He not only had to do his job but also had to help organise and cover Brooks and Stanislas whilst they tried to get to grips with their roles - especially when they were all up against a fired up Pogba in that first half.

Resting Surman last night means he will be OK to start on Saturday when I would guess Gosling will be rested along with Lerma, so we will have at least one experienced, fairly rested, CM out there.

Also suspect EH did not expect Gosling to last the full 90, hence why we only used the two subs in case he needed replacing near the end. To Gosling's credit he kept going despite not being at his best.

—————--———-BORUC—————-———-

WORTHINGTON—-SIMPSON—-MINGS—-RICO

STANISLAS—HYNDMAN—--SURMAN——-PUGH

——————————-IBE——————————

—————————-MOUSSET————————-

Subs: Ramsdale; King; Lerma; Taylor; Butcher; Seaman; Ofoborh

An especially quick turnaround for this, Wednesday 8pm to Saturday 12.15pm. So I can't see any starters from last night being involved, and the last thing we want is to risk further injuries to critical players

Boruc
Seaman Simpson Mings Rico
Hyndman Ofoborh Surman
Ibe Mousset Pugh

A couple of debuts there. I'd love to have a closer look at Ofoborh, and he'll beef up that midfield otherwise weak in Hyndman and Surman. Seaman is about the only actual right back we have, may as well give him a look too.
I'd play that exact line-up.

An especially quick turnaround for this, Wednesday 8pm to Saturday 12.15pm. So I can't see any starters from last night being involved, and the last thing we want is to risk further injuries to critical players

Boruc
Seaman Simpson Mings Rico
Hyndman Ofoborh Surman
Ibe Mousset Pugh

A couple of debuts there. I'd love to have a closer look at Ofoborh, and he'll beef up that midfield otherwise weak in Hyndman and Surman. Seaman is about the only actual right back we have, may as well give him a look too.

A lot now depends on whether Clyne will actually arrive in time and play. If not, I see no problem in getting Seaman a try, would be good experience for him. Ofoborh is another matter, worth a go perhaps but can imagine it being Surman and Hyndman.

That's a couple of people I've seen put Matt Worthington in at RB. I think he covered up there in one senior appearance for us but isn't he primarily a midfielder??

Howe, speaking at this morning’s pre-match press conference, said he had a number of players carrying knocks and would look to shuffle his pack for the third-round clash at Vitality Stadium (12.30pm).

The showdown, however, will come too soon for Adam Smith who is on the road to recovery following a knee injury.

Howe said Smith was “doing well” with his rehab but was “still not 100 per cent right”.

Emerson Hyndman and Matt Worthington – back from respective loan spells with Hibernian and Forest Green Rovers – could be in contention to feature against the Seagulls.

Howe, who reported other players had strains and fatigue following a hectic spell over the festive period, told the media: “There will be changes.

https://www.afcb.co.uk/news/first-team/team-news-changes-to-be-made-for-fa-cup

If we are serious about the FA Cup..we should be...why not play at least half of the full strength availability...the other half getting a rest is surely enough to prepare for Everton...why such severe changes?
We don't fully know that Brighton will do the same!

;